Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

One thing to consider, and I don't watch any college basketball, could things get a little easier for him at the next level because teams won't be double or triple teaming him (from the get go anyway)? Or will one long athletic NBA defender be enough to shut him down? Could better offensive players at the NBA level help getting him open more than college? (like GSW do for Curry) 

3 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Those numbers in a good conference as a freshman where every team defense is designed to stop you is pretty dam impressive. What were Stephs numbers as a freshman in a weaker conference?  

46/41/86

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

46/41/86

Ok a little better than Trae but i bet with less usage and against weaker talent. This really doesn't support your argument. Do you see a generational talent in this draft or a potential one besides him?

11 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Ok a little better than Trae but i bet with less usage and against weaker talent. This really doesn't support your argument. Do you see a generational talent in this draft or a potential one besides him?

No.  I'm just continuously pointing out that some look at him as high reward without considering what he actually is doing.  

Could he be curry? Sure that's not off the table.  But what's plan b? What's he look like if he's only 80% of his potential? Because when you look at (pick a guy in the top 5) they have tiers of their career projection.  They can go hall of fame to all star to starter to bust. But i think young is curry to jj barea pretty sharply. 

So it's not like you can't draft him.  You can.  But only at the point where his risk reward profile exceeds the other guys on the board.  

Also if you do draft him i wouldn't count on him starting until year 3 (unless we don't really care about winning). 

30 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

No.  I'm just continuously pointing out that some look at him as high reward without considering what he actually is doing.  

Could he be curry? Sure that's not off the table.  But what's plan b? What's he look like if he's only 80% of his potential? Because when you look at (pick a guy in the top 5) they have tiers of their career projection.  They can go hall of fame to all star to starter to bust. But i think young is curry to jj barea pretty sharply. 

So it's not like you can't draft him.  You can.  But only at the point where his risk reward profile exceeds the other guys on the board.  

Also if you do draft him i wouldn't count on him starting until year 3 (unless we don't really care about winning). 

Care about winning went out the window with our deafening quite at the trade deadline. Also I would start him somewhere in his first year or at least give him the majority of the pg minutes. Dj or Mack are not in the future plans. 

Youngs most valuable (arguably) asset to a team is his passing. True he warps the floor with his 3 point ability which opens up all sorts of lanes but it's his ability to use that space that's so impressive. 

His handle is tight he has the ball on a string. Bigger more athletic defenders? Ask number 1 point of attack defender Jevon Carter...

Players with his 3 point accuracy and trigger have to he respected on D because of this, paired with his elite ball handling skills and hesitation moves, he's able to get into the driving lanes to finish or dish to open men. 

I can't see him not succeeding.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, The Boss said:

one long athletic NBA defender

Luckily that's about one more than there are. Defense is banned, remember? If you look at someone the wrong way you instantly foul out.

Unless you're a star. Then you can do whatever you want. But only when you're not guarding another star.

A guy like Young should excel in this soft ass, chuck 40 3's a game league.

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

I think if we win the lottery i would trade it. Either back into the mid lottery with other picks or for a more established player

I agree, especially because when this team is healthy (which it hasn’t been all year) it seems like we’re a piece or two away from being decent. I’d be willing to deal our pick regardless of where it lands for the right established player.