Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

16 hours ago, Murphy13 said:

OU is kind of fading, losing 6 of their last 8 games.  

I hope they keep losing. It will make Young slide out of the top 5. Our chances to draft him will be higher. 

37 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

I hope they keep losing. It will make Young slide out of the top 5. Our chances to draft him will be higher. 

He's probably around there anyway.  Good numbers, but  ?'s that historically aren't kind to draft status.  If we are out of the running for one of the top 4 guys then I'm all about him unless Bamba keeps improving and has a good tourney.  There's also Jackson to consider as well.  

11 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

He's probably around there anyway.  Good numbers, but  ?'s that historically aren't kind to draft status.  If we are out of the running for one of the top 4 guys then I'm all about him unless Bamba keeps improving and has a good tourney.  There's also Jackson to consider as well.  

you might be right. Besides, I am not sure if he will be a good fit to play for us with Vogel as our coach. Vogel seems to be a coach that wants to control the offense and will not allow a PG to take over 15-18 fg attemps per game with like 8 3's per game.  

2 minutes ago, Bauncey Chillups said:

Listening to a bunch of NBA pods this weekend, Trae Young is closer to 6 or 7 than the Top 3. Teams seem to be more enamored with Doncic and all the bigs.

Yeah there are a lot of really dumb executives in the nba

28 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

I am hoping that 0urs is not one of those.

28 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

his numbers are trending in the wrong direction because opponents have figured him out.  42/36/84 shooting in conference isn't that impressive.  

1 hour ago, Bauncey Chillups said:

Listening to a bunch of NBA pods this weekend, Trae Young is closer to 6 or 7 than the Top 3. Teams seem to be more enamored with Doncic and all the bigs.

I’ve been saying this. People that were wanting him top 3 or even 1 overall was just insane. He has so many question marks at the next level. If we get him at 6 or 7 fine he’s worth the potential cons but I never would have taken him top 3 unless he just dominated the combine and his measurements were better then we thought. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bauncey Chillups said:

I’ve been saying this. People that were wanting him top 3 or even 1 overall was just insane. He has so many question marks at the next level. If we get him at 6 or 7 fine he’s worth the potential cons but I never would have taken him top 3 unless he just dominated the combine and his measurements were better then we thought. 

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

his numbers are trending in the wrong direction because opponents have figured him out.  42/36/84 shooting in conference isn't that impressive.  

Those numbers in a good conference as a freshman where every team defense is designed to stop you is pretty dam impressive. What were Stephs numbers as a freshman in a weaker conference?