Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

Derrick favors is a center now 

Elton Brand would be a center now

Lamarcus Aldridge is a center

Young pau gasol would be center in today's nba

Julius Randle is a center

10 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

I think Jackson could be the best fit for our team with Issac and AG. 

Still have Mack and DJ or maybe we can use some second round picks and a player to move in the later first and Take a flier on a guy like Trevon Duval. 

Duval/Fournier/Issac/AG/Jackson 

Issac-AG-Jackson would be something 

I've thought so myself. Dig this podcast about Triple J:

Listen to Porzingis Injury/Knicks Direction; Trade Deadline Plans; Jaren Jackson Breakdown by Sam Vecenie #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/sam-vecenie/porzingis-injury-knicks

24 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

No

No.  Not mutually exclusive.  

Yes and No.

No.

He's a lotto guy and a 4 whether he comes out this year or not.

No.  

Jackson can't shoot but he's a better defender than Bamba.  5

1 hour ago, Magicfan1987 said:

I've thought so myself. Dig this podcast about Triple J:

Listen to Porzingis Injury/Knicks Direction; Trade Deadline Plans; Jaren Jackson Breakdown by Sam Vecenie #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/sam-vecenie/porzingis-injury-knicks

Nice, this was a good listen. 

I didn’t realize how good his PER 40 is, wow.

Also, he’s the youngest player in this draft, over a year younger than Bamba. I’m really starting to like the fit with this kid. I agree that he safely projects as an elite level nba defender.

Bagley and Ayton for sure have more offensive potential right now but he can still be a good jump shooter I think. Just has to develop more offensive game in general but with his raw talents and youth there’s hope on that end. 

I also think his numbers would be better if he was playing more 5 and not 4 at Michigan State.  He needs to be around the rim more. 

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Derrick favors is a center now 

Elton Brand would be a center now

Lamarcus Aldridge is a center

Young pau gasol would be center in today's nba

Julius Randle is a center

Not to forget Al Holford. Played mainly 4 in college with Noah playing the middle. He is now one of the best all around center in the league. 

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Payton can absolutely turn into a good player down the line. But you'll notice Lowry didn't become Lowry until his third team at 27. We needed to explore other options

Exactly. Lowry needed a serious wake up call early in his career, as does Payton. 

3 hours ago, Mike1989 said:

Paul George spent an extra year in college and at 22 years old had just completed his third season. That season he moved full time to small forward and during that season he got picked for his first all star game, was named on the all-NBA third team, was named on the NBA all-defensive second team, and was named the most improved player. 

Compare that to Aaron Gordon's fourth season in the league at 22 years old and despite it being a break out year, he has not been named to the all star game, and is unlikely to be named an all-NBA player or all-defensive player. 

Ok if you put the stats side by side, Gordon averages one point more per game, has a slightly higher field goal percentage, and grabs more rebounds, but George had an edge in three point shooting and was significantly better on the defensive end of the court. Perhaps with further time and development Gordon can still become an all star player and do for us what George did for the Pacers, but realistically Gordon is not more productive than George was during his third season. We are still one of the worst teams in the league and Gordon is simply filling up the stat sheet like Vucevic has done, whereas George was a big factor on a very good Pacers team that was competing for an NBA finals appearance. 

I hear you. However, much like the Magic did with Dipo, it’s clear to me Vogel has asked AG to try to become the go-to guy this year. With that has come lumps and some drop off at the defensive end. Still, even the national media was regularly commenting on AG’s great defense in the fall. The reality is this Magic roster is both hurt and made up of many sub-par NBA players, whereas that Pacers team had people like Hill, Granger and West in their primes. 

14 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

You take a center because vucevic expires next year and biyombo the year after.  

What are your center rankings for the draft? It looks like a bunch are predicted to go top 10.