Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

I don’t think we should just assume we’re drafting a PG. Let’s assume we pick outside of top 6 and young is gone. I’m not sure we just draft Sexton or Gilgeous-Alexander because we “need” a future PG. Sure, we do—but with DJ still under contract and Mack it’s not a must draft. 

We absolutely still need to go BPA and I’m not sure I’m comfortable drafting Sexton over Bamba or Jarren Jackson. It all depends on where we pick and whose picked a head of us obviously but I hope we aren’t just going into this draft thinking it’s PG or bust. 

Jackson seems like a Weltman guy to me. 

10 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

I don’t think we should just assume we’re drafting a PG. Let’s assume we pick outside of top 6 and young is gone. I’m not sure we just draft Sexton or Gilgeous-Alexander because we “need” a future PG. Sure, we do—but with DJ still under contract and Mack it’s not a must draft. 

We absolutely still need to go BPA and I’m not sure I’m comfortable drafting Sexton over Bamba or Jarren Jackson. It all depends on where we pick and whose picked a head of us obviously but I hope we aren’t just going into this draft thinking it’s PG or bust. 

Jackson seems like a Weltman guy to me. 

Agree

• Upvote 1

How important are PGs? They're obviously important but do we really need to be focused on one? Guards and Forwards have always been the guy on championship teams. "Game manager" type PGs have won ships since inception. To play off of HeHateMe I'm not so sure PG is our focus.

27 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

How important are PGs? They're obviously important but do we really need to be focused on one? Guards and Forwards have always been the guy on championship teams. "Game manager" type PGs have won ships since inception. To play off of HeHateMe I'm not so sure PG is our focus.

Depends on what you consider LeBron and to a lesser degree Jason Terry.  If they're point guards then every champion and every runner up in the last 7 years had at least a good point guard.  

We'll need at least a good one.  

But there's enough good point guards out there that we have time to find one as we build other pieces.  Point guard doesn't have to be our focus in the draft.  Just eventually

36 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

I'm not sure, but I would think with us giving away Payton that a PG of the future might have a little more weight with management than drafting another 4 to fight with AG and Isaac for minutes unless we move one of them. BPA is definitely the way to go.

6 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I'm not sure, but I would think with us giving away Payton that a PG of the future might have a little more weight with management than drafting another 4 to fight with AG and Isaac for minutes unless we move one of them. BPA is definitely the way to go.

There's only like one 4 projected to go in the lottery.  

Just now, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Good! I thought Bagley, Porter, and Jackson were all 4s. 

Jackson is 6'11 with a 7'4 reach and is a fantastic rim protector and interior defender. Center. 

Bagley is 6'11 whose best qualities are his interior finishing and great rebounding.  He should thrive as a rim runner. You want to give him room to work on the interior.  That's a center

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Jackson is 6'11 with a 7'4 reach and is a fantastic rim protector and interior defender. Center. 

Bagley is 6'11 whose best qualities are his interior finishing and great rebounding.  He should thrive as a rim runner. You want to give him room to work on the interior.  That's a center

I understand the whole you should take the BPA thing but with Vuc and Biyombo at $34M and nobody wanting to trade for either plus Birch looking good, do you still take a center if he's the BPA or if there isn't a ton of difference do you take 2nd BPA at a position that you don't have so much money tied up in?

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I understand the whole you should take the BPA thing but with Vuc and Biyombo at $34M and nobody wanting to trade for either plus Birch looking good, do you still take a center if he's the BPA or do you take 2nd BPA at a position that you don't have so much money ties up at?

You take a center because vucevic expires next year and biyombo the year after.