Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

Isaiah Thomas

Isaiah Thomas

Chris Paul

Allen Iverson

Kemba walker

Kyrie Iriving (shorter than his quoted measurements)

Calvin Murphy

Jameer Nelson

John Stockton

Lenny Wilkins

Dick McGuire

Nate Archibald

Larry Costello

All 6'2" or under, all less impressive than Trae Young at same age. The dudes game is unprecedented. 

11 hours ago, Payton4thewin said:

It wasn't like that.  

Just randomly decided to talk about him and said "scouts don't like him as much as the media does.  For anyone talking about him as the number one pick they just don't know... they don't talk to anyone in the league... (talks about "draft experts" who don't do the work who put him at 1) theres three guys [who you can't put him over] and I've talked to teams who don't have him in the top 7. So i know Givony had him what, 7th? (Talks about how jealous he is about what the draft express guys get to do for their jobs) I've had (front office) guys call me to complain about Trae Young like 'durr all you guys (espn)... Trae Young (implied hyping him up)'. And I'm like you know i haven't been on air for a month, its not me doing it.  I'm not saying people hate him but there's a gap between what he's going to be draft night (and what he's going to be in the nba)."

Then they talk about the height difference between curry and young

All depends one which NBA minds your talking to, just because someone's working in the NBA doesn't mean they're gonna get it all right (enter every team to pass on Isiah Thomas, Klay, Green, Turner, Booker, etc  etc) take it all with a grain of salt

• Like 1

On 2/2/2018 at 11:35 AM, fan for too long 2 said:

So called experts picked curry where again? Athleticism is overrated!!!

No it's not, it's the only reason AG is a good player.  Steph, Nash, etc are outliers/exceptions, I'm not betting against Trae but it's extremely unlikely that he will overcome his deficiencies to become a big time NBA player.  

22 hours ago, Bauncey Chillups said:

I think it would be more worthwhile to pursue Sexton with a 2nd lottery pick around 9-10 than Young around 5-7.

There's a reasonable chance that Sexton gets drafted ahead of Young.  Though Young's scoring has been on a tear lately and could help him stay high on everyone's boards. 

Someone asked earlier who stands to gain a lot from a good tournament.  I think Mo Bamba is coming on strong and with a good finish could push into top 5.  

Bamba and Young on playing now. 

I still say when it’s all said and done Bamba gets drafted higher then he’s being mocked right now. 

7 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Wow, young with one of the Best passes you’ll see. 64 feet between multiple defenders on the money for an easy dunk. 

Twice now

13 minutes ago, Tank Vogel said:

Twice now

Yea the second one was just as good. If he was 2 inches taller he’d be the number 1 pick and it wouldn’t be close.