Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

23 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

So back to draft stuff.  

Ryen Russillo says most of the gms and front office guys he talks to have Trae Young 7th because of limitations in his game.  

Smokescreen?

Who do they have at 1? Ayton?

3 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Smokescreen?

Who do they have at 1? Ayton?

It wasn't like that.  

Just randomly decided to talk about him and said "scouts don't like him as much as the media does.  For anyone talking about him as the number one pick they just don't know... they don't talk to anyone in the league... (talks about "draft experts" who don't do the work who put him at 1) theres three guys [who you can't put him over] and I've talked to teams who don't have him in the top 7. So i know Givony had him what, 7th? (Talks about how jealous he is about what the draft express guys get to do for their jobs) I've had (front office) guys call me to complain about Trae Young like 'durr all you guys (espn)... Trae Young (implied hyping him up)'. And I'm like you know i haven't been on air for a month, its not me doing it.  I'm not saying people hate him but there's a gap between what he's going to be draft night (and what he's going to be in the nba)."

Then they talk about the height difference between curry and young

6 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

It wasn't like that.  

Just randomly decided to talk about him and said "scouts don't like him as much as the media does.  For anyone talking about him as the number one pick they just don't know... they don't talk to anyone in the league... (talks about "draft experts" who don't do the work who put him at 1) theres three guys [who you can't put him over] and I've talked to teams who don't have him in the top 7. So i know Givony had him what, 7th? (Talks about how jealous he is about what the draft express guys get to do for their jobs) I've had (front office) guys call me to complain about Trae Young like 'durr all you guys (espn)... Trae Young (implied hyping him up)'. And I'm like you know i haven't been on air for a month, its not me doing it.  I'm not saying people hate him but there's a gap between what he's going to be draft night (and what he's going to be in the nba)."

The one thing that does concern me about Trae is how he played against Sexton.

Btw, what does Givony's latest mock look like?

14 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

It wasn't like that.  

This isn’t surprising. I’ve been saying he’s not a top 3 pick. Media and fans love him because he puts on a show in college but that doesn’t always translate. In fact it rarely does. 

Having said that, I’d be surprised if he fell to 7 but I could see him going between 4-6. 

17 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

This isn’t surprising. I’ve been saying he’s not a top 3 pick. Media and fans love him because he puts on a show in college but that doesn’t always translate. In fact it rarely does. 

Having said that, I’d be surprised if he fell to 7 but I could see him going between 4-6. 

People are intrigued by him because he's dominating on a high usage percentage, putting up crazy stats on winning team at a big school, EFFICIENTLY, pulling up 34 footers like they're mid range, while passing the eye test in how he takes over games.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

Realistically. What is the difference between Young and DJ Augustine?

Young's ability to create for others. His passing and his overall offensive awareness surpasses DJ's.

8 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Young's ability to create for others. His passing and his overall offensive awareness surpasses DJ's.

I've watched 3 games, and Young looks like a no doubter. But there are times I wonder if DJ is undervalued here. Young looks like a better passer for sure, but can he shoot and drive at the NBA level like DJ? Augustine has really impressed me with his ability to blow by defenders and finish against bigs. Plus his outside shot is a true plus tool. I'd like to draft Young. Just sometimes I think we might have to wait 3 years for his scoring to mirror someone we already have.

46 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

I've watched 3 games, and Young looks like a no doubter. But there are times I wonder if DJ is undervalued here. Young looks like a better passer for sure, but can he shoot and drive at the NBA level like DJ? Augustine has really impressed me with his ability to blow by defenders and finish against bigs. Plus his outside shot is a true plus tool. I'd like to draft Young. Just sometimes I think we might have to wait 3 years for his scoring to mirror someone we already have.

Young leads the NCAA in getting to the line which will be crucial to his success and he has a fantastic floater. 

If we are comparing him to small guys he scores like Isaiah Thomas.