Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

On a serious note, unless we make trades, I don’t see us ending up with a top 5 pick by the end of the year. I believe our roster is better than those of Sacramento, Atlanta, Dallas and Phoenix. Our management needs to pick a direction and roll with it.

I think ATL and Dallas are overall better than us and will finish ahead of us, that doesn't mean we'll draft ahead of them though! The wildcard to me is PHX because I don't think they have the talent we do and they've been in a losing culture almost as long as us.  They still seem to play inspired ball more than us right now so unless things change I see them staying slightly better than us.  Sacto has less talent and has a longer (negative) culture than we do so I would put them behind us for sure.  They seem like a team that could lose 19 in a row.  I'd say we're positioned for a top 3 pick though for sure.  

19 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

On a serious note, unless we make trades, I don’t see us ending up with a top 5 pick by the end of the year. I believe our roster is better than those of Sacramento, Atlanta, Dallas and Phoenix. Our management needs to pick a direction and roll with it.

That's always been our issue. We're always on the fence until the fence collapses and we don't like where we land.

They don't want to lose but they want to get more talent and they don't make that decision until after the deadline.

Its like they're thinking is "Let's see if we make a move to jolt us into playoff position first." Meanwhile we gain no traction to a playoff postition or to the number 1 pick.

10 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

I think ATL and Dallas are overall better than us and will finish ahead of us, that doesn't mean we'll draft ahead of them though! The wildcard to me is PHX because I don't think they have the talent we do and they've been in a losing culture almost as long as us.  They still seem to play inspired ball more than us right now so unless things change I see them staying slightly better than us.  Sacto has less talent and has a longer (negative) culture than we do so I would put them behind us for sure.  They seem like a team that could lose 19 in a row.  I'd say we're positioned for a top 3 pick though for sure.  

Stack up Atlanta's roster with ours.  We're significantly better

I'm glad everyone here is high in Trae Young, Doncic, and Ayton.

Folks over at realgm are scared to dream big because of our teams past luck in the lottery. They over there drawing constellations for players like Miles Bridges and Justin Jackson Jr. psssh

We are in a really tough position. A few key trades could put us in a position to make the playoffs this year, or a few downgrade trades could position us to get a lotto pick and have a better team next year. If management is in agreement with most of the fans (at least on here) that we need to get rid of Payton and Vuc it will be interesting to see what we get back. 

4 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Folks over at realgm are scared to dream big because of our teams past luck in the lottery. They over there drawing constellations for players like Miles Bridges and Justin Jackson Jr. psssh

If we get out-tanked by too many teams those may be the type of players we are looking at. At least at the moment Sexton is projected as a bit later pick so we might be able to still get a PG.

9 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Miles Bridges or Mikal Bridges?

Because the latter fits us really well

22 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Stack up Atlanta's roster with ours.  We're significantly better

We have a physical advantage.  IMO they have better cohesion as a unit and a seemingly better culture at the moment.  They are a better team than us currently.  

6 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

We are in a really tough position. A few key trades could put us in a position to make the playoffs this year, or a few downgrade trades could position us to get a lotto pick and have a better team next year. If management is in agreement with most of the fans (at least on here) that we need to get rid of Payton and Vuc it will be interesting to see what we get back. 

There's almost no chance we make the playoffs unless the east just bottoms out over the next 30 games and drops the 8th seed to 38 wins vs the 42 wins Milwaukee is currently on pace for.  

28-8 gets us to 42 wins.  Not really doable. This is golden state win pace

24-12. Still completely unlikely but its at least between Minnesota and Toronto win pace.  Not impossible but this team isn't going to do that.  

I think if we make a trade right now that is transformative we can finish 22-14 at best.  36 wins. 

I think if we basically stay with this roster and everyone is healthy we'll finish 14-22. 28 wins.  

15 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Miles Bridges or Mikal Bridges?

Because the latter fits us really well

the first and I like Mikal over Miles as well. He's look really well and aggressive lately