Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

7 hours ago, Ibn Battuta said:

how was he the most skilled? if he's a couple years away like everyone else claims he is, it stands to reason he doesn't have much skill and needs to work on a lot of things to reach this high upside.

who has better two way potential picked after him?

5 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Young would be a beast with the right coaching and supporting cast. We have the players to put around him, I just wouldn't trust Vogel to do anything 

Fizzdale with young Isaac and Gordon hmmmmm

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ibn Battuta said:

so what you're saying is he has skills but they aren't polished yet. which is fine, but that doesn't mean he's the most skilled like the earlier poster meant. Maybe you mean he has a variety of skills, and that's why he's the "most skilled?" 

Right now he seems more of a swiss army knife, can do a few things but not one thing particularly well. 

I think he's above average at defense, shooting, and basketball Iq and those three project really well for him going forward. hard to go in depth with him considering how little he's played in the league but I believe his skills will continue to sharpen and translate

3 hours ago, Ibn Battuta said:

Lebron was 240 when he entered. Zion at 270 seems like a tank

Yeah, that is what I am saying. As a 17 year old, he looks like he almost has the same body proportion wise as Lebron after Lebron had been in the NBA for a bit.

It is scary to think what he might be like if he puts in the necessary work and effort. Heck, he might get another inch or two and end up looking like a taller Lebron or something when he enters the league.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Zion is a freak athlete. I hope his game is able to follow

I'm excited that Duke has the top3 players of that class. makes watching scouting so much easier:)

• Like 2

On 21/01/2018 at 9:26 AM, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Zion is a freak athlete. I hope his game is able to follow

He can shoot it from what I have seen also. 

1 hour ago, Jay Magic said:

He can shoot it from what I have seen also. 

Nah.  His game right now is mostly stuff in the paint or attacking the rim. 

Which makes sense because i don't know how a high schooler could defend him close to the basket.  

54 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Nah.  His game right now is mostly stuff in the paint or attacking the rim. 

Which makes sense because i don't know how a high schooler could defend him close to the basket.  

I'll find the video for you at some point just at work. But yes I agree on that part also!