Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

5 hours ago, Payton4thewin said:

Isaac is never going to be a full time 5. He's a sf that should play some 5 in specific lineups.  Like draymond (though draymond was too fat to play 3 in the nba despite gs playing him there his rookie year) 

I can't wait to see Isaac playing at the 3, that's his unicorn position for sure

20 minutes ago, MagicMoses said:

First chance to watch Trae Young live. Lets see what the hype is about...

So his offense hasn't been great so far.  

But his passing has been crazy.  He made a one handed pass to the opposite corner through traffic while on the move and hit the shooter right in his hands.  

10 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

But his passing has been crazy.  He made a one handed pass to the opposite corner through traffic while on the move and hit the shooter right in his hands.  

He even reminds me of Curry when he struggles though which I guess is a good thing? Like against bigger more athletic guards he can get bottled up at times, but then he just needs 6 inches of air space and he drains one in your face. 

He isn’t great at finishing at the rim either much like curry was early in his career but that’s something he can improve on with touch around the basket. 

Young still makes me nervous but I’m beginning to think his floor is actually pretty high. 

19 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

not a great half but he has a quick first step. Interesting to see how he plays after that half.

49 minutes ago, MagicMoses said:

not a great half but he has a quick first step. Interesting to see how he plays after that half.

The last game I watched him play in he had a below average 1st half and came out and hit back to back 3s, then faked 1 from the same spot and went to the hole for 2 more. It was 8 points in 3 plays in about 1 minute. Our PG passes up open 3s, gets the ball back in the same spot in the same play and passes again.

• Downvote 1

I'm not that in love with the way he scores.  He might be a rhythm guy and I'm not sure he gets 25 shots to get that rhythm in the pros.  

What if he's just Jamal Crawford with passing? 

Just now, Payton4thewin said:

I'm not that in love with the way he scores.  He might be a rhythm guy and I'm not sure he gets 25 shots to get that rhythm in the pros.  

What if he's just Jamal Crawford with passing? 

I would take Jamal Crawford with passing over EP 1000%. How many times did Crawford beat us when he was younger? I know I was at several games that I thought we'd win and he would come in and light us up!

• Downvote 1