Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

48 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

The problem with taking a big is that if we can't find a taker for Vuc or Biz we have way too much $ and minutes tied up at the 5. I'm heavily leaning towards Doncic, Young, or Sexton in that order. I can't take another season of watching EP's hair bounce down the court and airball floaters and 3s.

We are only 1 game out of last place and the Hawks could possibly beat Brooklyn tonight! 

When you have a chance at drafting in the top couple spots you never let your current roster determine who you pick.   Unless you are like the Pistons when they got Darko or maybe Boston currently.  

to me it's now Ayton or Young and I couldn't complain with either. 

Ayton looks like the timeless great bigman who's game is for the modern NBA. Youngs game is one that could rule the NBA and rise our team. 

I think Young makes our team better but Ayton looks like the safer pick.

23 hours ago, Payton4thewin said:

that article points out that out how Doncic compares to a prime hedo as a criticism for not going first (because of he had hedos career that's not great for a first pick) but also states that he's basically already as good as prime hedo as an 18 year old so who knows how good he'll be because no European player has ever been this good this early before. 

That sounds great and I love hedo but we dont have the best track record of drafting euros, wouldn’t be mad at all if we drafted him though. 

1 hour ago, Murphy13 said:

When you have a chance at drafting in the top couple spots you never let your current roster determine who you pick.   Unless you are like the Pistons when they got Darko or maybe Boston currently.  

Usually that is true but like I said "if we can't find a taker for Vuc or Biz we have way too much $ and minutes tied up at the 5." If there are other options very close in talent it would make more sense to take the BPA in a position we can use and give major minutes to rather than have $35M a year ahead of the new player vying for minutes. If we can dump Vuc or Biz that changes everything.

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Usually that is true but like I said "if we can't find a taker for Vuc or Biz we have way too much $ and minutes tied up at the 5." If there are other options very close in talent it would make more sense to take the BPA in a position we can use and give major minutes to rather than have $35M a year ahead of the new player vying for minutes. If we can dump Vuc or Biz that changes everything.

We could theoretically waive vucevic as he'd be an expiring contract. Or we could just not play biyombo.  

This isnt an issue at all. 

6 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

We could theoretically waive vucevic as he'd be an expiring contract. Or we could just not play biyombo.  

This isnt an issue at all. 

I'd personally still take Doncic or Young over 1 of the bigs anyway unless 1 of our centers is traded. IMO a team with a dominant PG and a non dominant center is better than a team with a dominant center and a lousy PG. If we trot EP out as our starter at the beginning of next season y'all can buy all my Magic gear cheap on eBay. I've been a fan since '89 but you get to a point where enough is enough.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

My board

1. Young

2. Doncic

3. Ayton

4. Sexton

2 & 3 are very close, but I'd still take the guard

I agree with this 1000%. I'm even willing to take doncic just to get the ball out of Payton's, Evan's and anybody else on this team's hands.   Ep has really disappointed me this season. If he was truly committed to being an all star. He would have improved his attitude and cut that dam hair. I know people have a right to wear their hair anyway they want, but not when is becomes detrimental to your ability to do a job. And you cannot make me believe it isn't. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

I agree with this 1000%. I'm even willing to take doncic just to get the ball out of Payton's, Evan's and anybody else on this team's hands.   Ep has really disappointed me this season. If he was truly committed to being an all star. He would have improved his attitude and cut that dam hair. I know people have a right to wear their hair anyway they want, but not when is becomes detrimental to your ability to do a job. And you cannot make me believe it isn't. 

There's a reason that guys that play ball at the park and wear baseball caps wear them backwards!

To me there’s no way Ayton isn’t the number 1 player unless you really buy into Donicic—I could see him at 1. 

Biz & Vuch have absolutely nothing to do with drafting Ayton. Biz and Vuch mean little to nothing to this franchise’s future. Ayton is a generational big. 

Any GM that would pass on Ayton cause they have Biz and Vuch on the roster should fire themselves. 

Young is beyond scary to me. Not a good athlete, not good size, not good length, could struggle against bigger/more athletic guards. Granted, people said he majority of the same things about Curry but how many Curry’s are there? He’s the exception to the rule. 

Ayton/Doncic/Porter/Bagley/Young 

I wouldn’t be mad with Young but he just scares me. Maybe he is Curry.