Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

1 hour ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

And we'll probably pass on him and draft some long skinny kid that doesn't have an NBA body and hope he grows into one.

Watch your mouth!

7 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

I don't watch much college bball outside of the Gators, but I gotta catch this guy play one of these days. 

17 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

And we'll probably pass on him and draft some long skinny kid that doesn't have an NBA body and hope he grows into one.

Did you know that Dallas who got DSJ has same record as us? It didnt somehow propel them into playoffs. You talk crap about our picks and choices, but the truth is, we are not 1 piece away.

What if our FO was smart enough to realize better PGs are available in next draft, and thats why they passed on DSJ and got Isaac instead? Maybe they are actually doing their job and have a plan. Just because we are  not getting wins, doesnt mean plan is not in motion.

Would  be nice if we would have an option of picking someone like Young for sure.

3 hours ago, random said:

Did you know that Dallas who got DSJ has same record as us? It didnt somehow propel them into playoffs. You talk crap about our picks and choices, but the truth is, we are not 1 piece away.

What if our FO was smart enough to realize better PGs are available in next draft, and thats why they passed on DSJ and got Isaac instead? Maybe they are actually doing their job and have a plan. Just because we are  not getting wins, doesnt mean plan is not in motion.

Would  be nice if we would have an option of picking someone like Young for sure.

Team records don’t matter when you’re looking for individual growth. Both are rookies. Both are on losing teams. But DSJ has at least made it to the ROTY discussion. Isaac? Not so much. We're doubting our selection already because a) it’s looking like Isaac is not NBA ready and b) his peers selected after him are making good cases for themselves. It’s not even half a season and Isaac has a long way to go in terms of catchup. 

4 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

Team records don’t matter when you’re looking for individual growth. Both are rookies. Both are on losing teams. But DSJ has at least made it to the ROTY discussion. Isaac? Not so much. We're doubting our selection already because a) it’s looking like Isaac is not NBA ready and b) his peers selected after him are making good cases for themselves. It’s not even half a season and Isaac has a long way to go in terms of catchup. 

Isaacs body needs some strength but his GAME us more than NBA ready. it's already been established that he belongs and makes our team much more dangerous defensively when he's in. 

4 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

It was pretty obvious Isaac was/ is a project so you can’t really use that against him. And again, using ROY award to justify a player? I don’t think I have to remind you why that is a very stupid benchmark. 

5 hours ago, random said:

Before the draft I said that we were way more than 1 piece away and that we needed to make some changes so we weren't trotting out the same starting 5 as last season. Management chose to take a year to evaluate the players that we already had instead. If it were me I would have traded Payton, Mario,  and Vuc for whatever 2017 picks we could have gotten, Drafted DSJ, and definitely would not have traded any of our picks away for future unknown garbage. With our 7 picks I would have probably taken 3 PGs, 2 centers, and 2 SFs in hopes of getting a keeper in each position. There were a lot of good players taken with later picks that make me wonder about current management's ability to judge talent. On the other hand I DO think that management did a great job in FA. Simmons was a steal and Mo Buckets was a good signing. I just hope management is going to tank enough to put us in position to get Young, or at least Sexton. EP would make a decent backup PG if we can keep him at a low cost but I'm fine with Augustine if we can't.

5 hours ago, random said:

2 hours ago, King Close said:

It was pretty obvious Isaac was/ is a project so you can’t really use that against him. And again, using ROY award to justify a player? I don’t think I have to remind you why that is a very stupid benchmark. 

Michael Carter Williams > Rudy Robert, Giannis, Victor Oladipo, CJ Mccullum

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ibn Battuta said:

Team records don’t matter when you’re looking for individual growth. Both are rookies. Both are on losing teams. But DSJ has at least made it to the ROTY discussion. 

Dennis Smith Jr. has been below average this year:

(https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/s/smithde03.html).

Not sure he’s a good case study for your argument against Isaac.