Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

I'm convinced that Murphy crafts logical arguments and then writes the exact opposite view for the lolz

1 hour ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I'm taking a point guard even if we have the 1st pick

I've become so Young biased that If have to agree. I believe that shows how much we believe in Aaron and Isaacs potential as much as anything.  Remember how much better we looked with Augustine starting at the 1, now imagine young there. that's scary.

2 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

I've become so Young biased that If have to agree. I believe that shows how much we believe in Aaron and Isaacs potential as much as anything.  Remember how much better we looked with Augustine starting at the 1, now imagine young there. that's scary.

Yeah, we're not one of those teams that can afford to bottom out for 3 more years and pick BPA. This has been a down year and we should tank the year, but we have to re-sign Aaron Gordon and try to compete in 18-19 and beyond. Gordon and Isaac have all the tools to be good to great players in today's NBA and we need a guard that can do it all on offense. We need a Damian Lillard or even a Donovan Mitchell and those guys aren't falling off of trees. We have to take a competent guard, no excuses.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ML6 said:

I'm convinced that Murphy crafts logical arguments and then writes the exact opposite view for the lolz

"You must pick the 7 footer," he said, as the league was absolutely dominated by perimeter players.

I don't think we have to completely blow up this roster. Biyombo has a huge contract and won't be traded. I think he can be a decent starting center if we get a good point guard who can run the pick and roll and shoot off the dribble.

PG: Trae Young
SG: who cares?
SF: Isaac
PF: Gordon
C: Biyombo

That team can be good with a coach that knows what he's doing

2 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Porter Jr. do we take him if he looks healthy? 

Porter Jr. AG and Isaac would be a long athletic front court. BUT if Isaac can't play 5 and is a 3, could the 6'10" porter play 2 guard? are all three players best suited at the 4? I think that's a very interesting question

Hypothetical first pick question? If he's the best chance at superstar talent, then yes.  You never draft by positional need unless the player is at the top of your board at that pick.  Never.  Unless you're Mauro, of course.  

1 hour ago, ML6 said:

I'd be interested in your take as to which part lacks logic, and specifically why.  I will bring the lolz if you can effectively do that.  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Ted Stickle said:

"You must pick the 7 footer," he said, as the league was absolutely dominated by perimeter players.

The games I'm watching have 7 footers as the marquee matchups.  Accordingly, the title of our game preview on ESPN is 'Heat-Magic matchup missing key big men'. 

The downfall of the big was vastly overstated, they still own it as long as they're good.  

41 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:
I don't think we have to completely blow up this roster. Biyombo has a huge contract and won't be traded. I think he can be a decent starting center if we get a good point guard who can run the pick and roll and shoot off the dribble.

PG: Trae Young
SG: who cares?
SF: Isaac
PF: Gordon
C: Biyombo

That team can be good with a coach that knows what he's doing

That's a lotto squad right there.  Unless AG improves more and Isaac blows up and Young is a generational talent and we have depth not shown.  

8 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

The games I'm watching have 7 footers as the marquee matchups.  Accordingly, the title of our game preview on ESPN is 'Heat-Magic matchup missing key big men'. 

The downfall of the big was vastly overstated, they still own it as long as they're good.  

Definitely. That Zaza Pachulia vs Tristan Thompson battle will be legendary once again in the Finals.

2 minutes ago, Ted Stickle said:

Definitely. That Zaza Pachulia vs Tristan Thompson battle will be legendary once again.

A matchup that can only be bested by the Tyler Ulis vs Matthew Dellavedova III tilt!

11 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

That's a lotto squad right there.  Unless AG improves more and Isaac blows up and Young is a generational talent and we have depth not shown.  

I wouldn't be opposed to trading one of AG or Isaac for CJ McCollum, and drafting one of the Forward/Center prospects this year, but we do need a guard that can create for himself and others. I think that's our biggest need