qtmanire

Can I buy tickets at Amway Box Office?

I am travelling in Florida with my family in March. There are 5 of us and we were hoping to catch the Magic v Suns game on March 24th.

I know I can get tickets on Ticketmaster, but I hate giving Ticketmaster $40-$50 in fees.

I read on the Amway Center website that they have a box office, and that its open before events.

No offence to Magic fans, but looking at their current form, and the form of the Suns, this game doesn't look like it will have much riding on it, and as such I would be surprised if there was a lot of demand for tickets.

From that point of view, would I be OK to get 5 tickets together on the day at the box office? I don't really care where they are. We're just looking for the experience rather than to get up close and personal with the players.

3 hours ago, qtmanire said:

I am travelling in Florida with my family in March. There are 5 of us and we were hoping to catch the Magic v Suns game on March 24th.

I know I can get tickets on Ticketmaster, but I hate giving Ticketmaster $40-$50 in fees.

I read on the Amway Center website that they have a box office, and that its open before events.

No offence to Magic fans, but looking at their current form, and the form of the Suns, this game doesn't look like it will have much riding on it, and as such I would be surprised if there was a lot of demand for tickets.

From that point of view, would I be OK to get 5 tickets together on the day at the box office? I don't really care where they are. We're just looking for the experience rather than to get up close and personal with the players.

Don't go to the box office.  They sell tickets based on full value.  You'll end up spending $300 total  on nosebleeds.  

On stub hub you can get those same tickets for $14/ ticket or lower bowl for 40-75 a ticket or club level for $55.

If you have young kids I'd try to get them in sections 118, 101, or 102. They're a bit cheaper than the lower sections on the other side and you have a better chance of stuff hanging out around there.  Upper bowl is a little scary to climb with children but being able to get admission for $70 total is hard to beat so its up to you.  

One thing i would suggest is going on ticketmaster a few days before and buying a parking pass for the geico garage for $20. It has a bridge to the arena so its a bit more convenient.  If you don't want to do that my second recommendation is the city hall garage especially for convenience if you're planning on taking I-4 north after the game.  

3 minutes ago, qtmanire said:

Thanks. This is very helpful. Looks like I will have to swallow my pride with TM. $37 in fees for $170 worth of tickets.

don't buy tickets from ticketmaster. Use stub hub

Where’s the best place to get pizza before the game?  I don’t care about traveling just want some good pizza. A friend told me a new place called Pizzeria Roberti anyone ever heard of it??