Sign in to follow this  
The Neighborhood Bully

Game Thread: Sacramento Kings @ Orlando Magic

5 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I'm impressed with Birch. I'd give him all the minutes I could so we can see what we really have in him. He may be the 5 we have so badly needed.

He really might be.  He's super bouncy.  Not many centers have that quick jump and multiple jumps.  

That pick and roll defense was beautiful. Hee shut down the drive, recovered, and high pointed a lob in one fluid movement.  I really haven't seen that happen much. He's very Marcus Camby-ish (and i think Camby would have been better in this era) 

16 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Still don't get why Birch is out there blowing up pick and rolls and playing with energy and only gets 13 minutes. And speights still gets 6. 

And i like biyombo but the last 6 minutes you don't want him in there because he can't operate in space.

And why does Vogel continue to play all bench lineups instead of staggering Fournier and Simmons to give us an offensive creator late in the third

His philosophies are bad? Isn't that why Bird fired him? The game has passed him up. 

15 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Still don't get why Birch is out there blowing up pick and rolls and playing with energy and only gets 13 minutes. And speights still gets 6. 

And i like biyombo but the last 6 minutes you don't want him in there because he can't operate in space.

And why does Vogel continue to play all bench lineups instead of staggering Fournier and Simmons to give us an offensive creator late in the third

The same reason Wes Iwundu gets 9 minutes because you are

a) Playing DJ next to Payton while both get torched by Temple

b) Playing Mack who has hit 10 3s this whole season and none since Dec 13th

27 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Agree.  Not to mention that having Biyombo out there in crunch time is also a risk because of his awful free throw shooting.

16 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Not Garrett temple.  

He's keyon dooling. 

Edit: actually no.  Keyon dooling was better than that.  Garret Temple is a combo guard that was the worst player on some good teams and just bounced around the league because he can dribble and shoot and defend 

I was about to jump on you for selling Keyon Dooling short. What a beautiful man.

40 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

Did you hear Vogel’s slip referencing (post Vuce), is something in the works? Maybe it’s nothing. Vogel is p..... and I don’t blame him.

What did he say? I didn’t hear it in the short post game clip I watched. 

1 hour ago, Payton4thewin said:

He really might be.  He's super bouncy.  Not many centers have that quick jump and multiple jumps.  

That pick and roll defense was beautiful. Hee shut down the drive, recovered, and high pointed a lob in one fluid movement.  I really haven't seen that happen much. He's very Marcus Camby-ish (and i think Camby would have been better in this era) 

Maybe to solidify the tank? We just lost to the team we're competing with for the first pick.

Man, I give Vogel some crap mainly cause I don’t love his rotations and how he coaches to win every night when me as a dumb fan wants to tank—but I feel for him. He’s so defeated here. 

He’ll never say it but I can’t imagine he doesn’t regret taking this job. It might have ruined his career. He should have held out for a better gig because in reality there’s only maybe 2-3 franchises that are a bigger joke than Orlando is. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HeHateMe said:

Man, I give Vogel some crap mainly cause I don’t love his rotations and how he coaches to win every night when me as a dumb fan wants to tank—but I feel for him. He’s so defeated here. 

He’ll never say it but I can’t imagine he doesn’t regret taking this job. It might have ruined his career. He should have held out for a better gig because in reality there’s only maybe 2-3 franchises that are a bigger joke than Orlando is. 

Seeing that really is abit sad. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

Well said. +1 from me

• Upvote 1