Fultz4thewin

Magic @ Boston

Correct me if I'm wrong but maybe Gordon is just struggling because there is less space to work with now. To start the season when we had dj and Vuch starting our 3p% was pretty good and his numbers looked great.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but maybe Gordon is just struggling because there is less space to work with now. To start the season when we had dj and Vuch starting our 3p% was pretty good and his numbers looked great.

Maybe. But he is playing a very erratic carmelo Anthony style of game. He is forcing too much and not be efficient at it. 

At the beginning of the season he was not forcing at all and was  very efficient at both ends of the floor.

I dont think Vuc or DJ had anything to do. It is more about Ross been out. Ross is and has been a very respectable shooter. More so than simmons. He was also great in team defense and will allow AG to relax a little. You can see AG playing tired at times as we currently striggling in team defense. Ross makes us better on both sides of the court.

Playing Ross, Evan and vuc together allowed him to remain open.

another issue he is facing Is that teams are adjusting to him now and he is getting defended better.

We just dont have a good and experienced coaching staff that can help him get to the next level. It happended to Oladipo and now it is happening to AG. 

He has the talent and definetly will be a good all around player in the future. We just need to be patient and cant just let him leave.

He will get paid either way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, magicdoc1 said:

Maybe. But he is playing a very erratic carmelo Anthony style of game. He is forcing too much and not be efficient at it. 

At the beginning of the season he was not forcing at all and was  very efficient at both ends of the floor.

I dont think Vuc or DJ had anything to do. It is more about Ross been out. Ross is and has been a very respectable shooter. More so than simmons. He was also great in team defense and will allow AG to relax a little. You can see AG playing tired at times as we currently striggling in team defense. Ross makes us better on both sides of the court.

Playing Ross, Evan and vuc together allowed him to remain open.

another issue he is facing Is that teams are adjusting to him now and he is getting defended better.

We just dont have a good and experienced coaching staff that can help him get to the next level. It happended to Oladipo and now it is happening to AG. 

He has the talent and definetly will be a good all around player in the future. We just need to be patient and cant just let him leave.

He will get paid either way.

Ross wasn’t shooting well at all this year. 

Sure. But for some weird reason He was making both Fournier’s and AG better. Heck, even Simmons was playing better.   Maybe he was not the only reason or maybe it is purely coincidence, but he clearly played a big role on the magic early season wins. 9-11 record with him, 5-19 without him. He  got into a slump mid november but he was playing with bad Hamstring. Somehow, he was allowed to continue playing with a bad hamstring which was affecting his biomechanics leading to the MCL tear and non-displaced fracture. ( the Hamstring and Quads are  both big knee stabilizer). Sometimes I wonder about the magic medical staff. Look a the Spurs medical staff how cautious they are with Kawhi Quad injury. I am glad that they are taking it slow with Isaac.

32 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Ross provided spacing via reputation.  

Correct. He is shooting 33% from 3 points tgis year yet he Can have days shooting 6/6 from 3’s . You cant just leave him along. 

You know who is shooting  around 34% from 3 this year..?

Mr Lebron James. Now, tell me if you are going to leave this guy shooting the 3 alone?

6 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Correct. He is shooting 33% from 3 points tgis year yet he Can have days shooting 6/6 from 3’s . You cant just leave him along. 

You know who is shooting  around 34% from 3 this year..?

Mr Lebron James. Now, tell me if you are going to leave this guy shooting the 3 alone?

I wouldn't,  I'd be all up on him, get him to drive force him baseline then  CLOBBER HIS WEAK SH**

2 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

I wouldn't,  I'd be all up on him, get him to drive force him baseline then  CLOBBER HIS WEAK SH**

Lol yea.. or you can just blow on his ear.