Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic @ Cavs. Thursday, Jan. 18 - 7:00 P.M.

3 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

I dont know what to think of Payton. So confusing. Today’s Payton is really what we need and makes you think if we should be more patient with him.   

3 years is enough for him and Mario. Both have shown signs of being total flops and also being exactly what we need. What we really need is players that play constantly and have a bad day once in a while. EP would be worth keeping for 2nd string if we could get him cheap and he cuts his hair, but I would not want to be the team that gives him a big contract. 

• Downvote 1

6 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

3 years is enough for him and Mario. Both have shown signs of being total flops and also being exactly what we need. What we really need is players that play constantly and have a bad day once in a while. EP would be worth keeping for 2nd string if we could get him cheap and he cuts his hair, but I would not want to be the team that gives him a big contract. 

You keep trying to include Mario but he's shown the last 17 games now that he's a pretty good rotation player

The foul on Mack was the wrong call, but at least that one was a bang bang play where you're forced to call something.  Ref just missed it.

The 3-second violation with a minute left though -- that requires a conscious decision to make that call at a point in the game where it is never enforced.  Not to mention the fact that he blew the whistle after Biz was outside the paint.

3 hours ago, Payton4thewin said:

You keep trying to include Mario but he's shown the last 17 games now that he's a pretty good rotation player

That's why I said "Both have shown signs of being total flops and also being exactly what we need."

1 hour ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

That's why I said "Both have shown signs of being total flops and also being exactly what we need."

So, like every young player?

2 years wasn't enough to judge Mario obviously.  

3 years really isn't  really even enough to judge Payton.  But we have enough information that suggests its worth exploring another direction based on the specific end date provided by his contract.  But it wouldn't be crazy to see him become a good starter a few years down the road.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

3 years really isn't  really even enough to judge Payton.  But we have enough information that suggests its worth exploring another direction based on the specific end date provided by his contract.  But it wouldn't be crazy to see him become a good starter a few years down the road.

Yep. Look at Oladipo. I am first to admit that I judged him a year too soon. Even though I liked him, I though Fournier was a better option for us at the time. 

I, however,  feel extremely comfortable to judge Vuc at the moment. He is at his peak and surely not what we need moving forward.

1 hour ago, Payton4thewin said:

Not EVERY young player. I would love to draft a player that is good enough that we don't have to wait a few years to judge him. It's been a long time since we drafted a player that was NBA quality right out of the gate and this year we have a chance to do just that. We don't need any more projects that we hope learn to shoot or play defense.

I don't understand the whole Mario evolution. He was really bad for a long time and then right after we pass on him out of the blue he becomes good? Maybe he read some of the comments on here that he would probably be out of the NBA and it woke him the F up?

29 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Not EVERY young player. I would love to draft a player that is good enough that we don't have to wait a few years to judge him. It's been a long time since we drafted a player that was NBA quality right out of the gate and this year we have a chance to do just that. We don't need any more projects that we hope learn to shoot or play defense.

I don't understand the whole Mario evolution. He was really bad for a long time and then right after we pass on him out of the blue he becomes good? Maybe he read some of the comments on here that he would probably be out of the NBA and it woke him the F up?

Almost every single young player save for generational talent requires a few years to grow.  

Mario was a typical rookie.  Then apparently he was hurt.  Then he finally got unconditional minutes for a few games built up his confidence and looks like any teams' 6th or 7th man.  

17 hours ago, Payton4thewin said:

He's always been this.  We're not moving on because he can't do this, we're moving on because he has 6 point games too often

Actually if he was dialed in on defense every game like he was last night, it would be a much tougher decision. Even when he’s not shooting well he should still be intense on defense, but he looks lethargic way too often.