Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Magic vs Cavs

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

When you give up 107 in three quarters, you aren't going to win too many games.  These last quarter runs after the other team gets way ahead and lets up mean almost nothing.

Or 19 turnovers 

4 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

Say what you will about Henny, but he would have picked up Mario’s option.

we can still sign him...I don't think it's that big a deal.

4 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

we can still sign him...I don't think it's that big a deal.

Shelvin Mack went for 2/12, 6 guaranteed as a replacement level 27 year old point guard.  

A 23 year old former top 5 pick should be worth the same gamble. 

We can offer one year 5.3 million.  

What are the odds he stays here

16 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Shelvin Mack went for 2/12, 6 guaranteed as a replacement level 27 year old point guard.  

Hope high?

I will be rooting for him at his next spot.

Despite the turnovers, Mario has really looked like a solid NBA player, if not a starter. His defense on LeBron was once again outstanding (for anyone against LeBron standards)

Gordon was awesome after a slow start but his decision making is still a little shaky. It's ok to be selfish at times, but he can overdo it. When Hezonja hit that 3 in the 4th quarter, he was wide open for another one and Gordon went against a bunch of defenders and fumbled the ball.

Iwundu also had some great moves. If he can develop a shot he'll be in the NBA for a long time

It really is a shame that we didn't pick up Mario's option

We can still sign Mario. 

I am expecting some trades going down this season. Likely to open our cap room. If we can get rid of a combination of Vuc, DJ, mack, Ross and/or fournier contracts then we can sign Mario for a 7-8 mill per multi-year contract. Similar to Simmons contract.

I lkke the fact he can play the SG, SF and PF position. 

23 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

We can still sign Mario. 

I am expecting some trades going down this season. Likely to open our cap room. If we can get rid of a combination of Vuc, DJ, mack, Ross and/or fournier contracts then we can sign Mario for a 7-8 mill per multi-year contract. Similar to Simmons contract.

I lkke the fact he can play the SG, SF and PF position. 

No.  No we cant.  If we had 100 million in cap space we could only offer him 5.3 million because we declined his option for 5.3 million. 

And every other team has a 8 million and change mle to work with

12 hours ago, Payton4thewin said:

At the start of the season, it didn't even look like he'd get that much. I think they made the right move for both sides. He's playing a bit better, so if he gets a better offer elsewhere great. OTOH We can focus on other players. 

• Upvote 1

Copied this post to the correct thread. Apologies for the mistake. 

Edited by JJZFL
Wrong thread.

54 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

No.  No we cant.  If we had 100 million in cap space we could only offer him 5.3 million because we declined his option for 5.3 million. 

And every other team has a 8 million and change mle to work with

I’d be surprised if any team thought Mario was worth more than 5 million per year.  I guess we will find out soon enough. 

4 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Not much evidence at this point for the theory some had that we’d be a better team without Vuch. I’m no big fan of his but I’m not seeing consistent improvement on either end of the floor since he’s been injured. 

How much of that is related to vucevic or biyombo vs coinciding with Simmons' play falling off a cliff and Fournier playing extremely inefficiently?

We're at 102.6 offensive rating and 108.5 defensive rating in  the 6 games since he's been out.  

We were 99.9 offensive rating and 108.8 defensive rating for the month of December.  

We're 103; 108 for the entire season.  

So we're not really seeing any difference between vucevic - biyombo or biyombo - speights rotation.  And losing vucevic has no real impact on the team at all.  But he's not really the problem.  

The problem is Simmons.  Many advanced stats show he's been our worst player this year.  And while his offense has shown value off the bench he's a terrible starter

9 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

How much of that is related to vucevic or biyombo vs coinciding with Simmons' play falling off a cliff and Fournier playing extremely inefficiently?

We're at 102.6 offensive rating and 108.5 defensive rating in  the 6 games since he's been out.  

We were 99.9 offensive rating and 108.8 defensive rating for the month of December.  

We're 103; 108 for the entire season.  

So we're not really seeing any difference between vucevic - biyombo or biyombo - speights rotation.  And losing vucevic has no real impact on the team at all.  But he's not really the problem.  

The problem is Simmons.  Many advanced stats show he's been our worst player this year.  And while his offense has shown value off the bench he's a terrible starter

Yeah, Ross going down really marked the beginning of the end for our season. Can’t believe Vogel hasn’t benched Simmons for either Mario or Wes yet.