Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Rockets @ Magic 1/3/2018 - 7 p.m.

23 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

No.  This isn't a style problem.  Its a "you only have a finite amount of speeches to give players and they don't work the third or fourth time" problem.  

I am not talking style. And speeches don't do sh**. It's the person and their message that resonates to the players receiving it. Not only the message but the person delivering it. You have to believe in the coach and that person who is the coach. You have to respect what they have done and believe they have greater knowledge than yourself and can relay that knowledge to you in a way you can grasp it and incorporate it. 

19 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

I am not talking style. And speeches don't do sh**. It's the person and their message that resonates to the players receiving it. Not only the message but the person delivering it. You have to believe in the coach and that person who is the coach. You have to respect what they have done and believe they have greater knowledge than yourself and can relay that knowledge to you in a way you can grasp it and incorporate it. 

Yes.  Because all the great coaches had nba experience lol.  

Also you criticize me mentioning  a coaches message then go on to state the importance of the message.  

29 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Yes.  Because all the great coaches had nba experience lol.  

Also you criticize me mentioning  a coaches message then go on to state the importance of the message.  

You said style and no all great coaches did not have nba playing exp. but most in the past 20 years, pop excluded, have. 

2 hours ago, Payton4thewin said:

That's the thing though.  That's why i said Vogel might get fired. Win or lose a coaches value only comes from getting guys to buy in.  

Basically its not a symptom of losing.  The losing is a catalyst for the change.  Coaches that still have the locker room  can still maintain that trust during losing streaks.  

I completely agree with this.  I guess the question then is why Vogel might be losing the locker room while coaches for other losing teams aren't.  Is it Vogel, is it our players, or is it some combination of both?

10 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

I completely agree with this.  I guess the question then is why Vogel might be losing the locker room while coaches for other losing teams aren't.  Is it Vogel, is it our players, or is it some combination of both?

Our last 3 coaches have lost the lockeroom to some extent. The one constant throughout it all have been the ****ty players. 

8 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Our last 3 coaches have lost the lockeroom to some extent. The one constant throughout it all have been the ****ty players. 

How many have been here through all 3 coaches. Those u can throw under the bus if u choose but all our current players have not been here that long. Oh and those 3 coaches are not world beaters. 2 are not head coaches right now. 

14 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

How many have been here through all 3 coaches. Those u can throw under the bus if u choose but all our current players have not been here that long. Oh and those 3 coaches are not world beaters. 2 are not head coaches right now. 

Every "leader" of this team has been here. Who cares if they're world beaters. The one constant to this terrible team is the players. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Every "leader" of this team has been here. Who cares if they're world beaters. The one constant to this terrible team is the players. 

20 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

EP and Vuch have been here through all 3. The same two that conversations are consistently had about replacing.

I agree.  It's why I speculated in an earlier post about at least some of our players being somewhat uncoachable.

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

The only one who hasn't is really brown in Philly.  Phoenix and Memphis fired their coaches for this reason.  Sacramento is playing considerably worse than even we are so you have to figure they're tuning out Joeger. The Lakers haven't really shown a commitment to following the teaching of Walton.  

On 1/5/2018 at 10:37 AM, Soul Bro said:

Guys, sorry to jump in here, but I’ve got style. 

I agree as long as I get a job on your staff lol.