Sign in to follow this  
Orlando Magic Toaster

Pistons @ Magic (oh look away we have new jerseys!)

10 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

I am almost 1000% positive there are stats(maybe years worth) that back up Vuc being a black hole who makes us worse. 

It goes back and forth but typically vucevic is an inefficient offensive player for his role and a below average defensive player on average.  There are some games when vucevic will be a game changing player on offense but they're not consistent enough to outweigh his poor games

3 hours ago, J-Mac said:

Ep and Vuch just can't play together, it seems they do better when the other is gone

Why is this though, they should be complimenting each other’s game 

Great to get a win though hopefully it will help us find our best players..

3 hours ago, Orlando Magic Toaster said:

Why is this though, they should be complimenting each other’s game 

Great to get a win though hopefully it will help us find our best players..

Two players who are best dominating the ball. Vuch doesn't play defense consistently enough which slows EP down.

EP is at his best running the break. Having a center who can initiate breaks with defensive plays and runs hard compliments EP.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

I said EP.

That link is stupid. It takes one specific play and sums Mario up as an whole and if Frank doesn't ever give him another minute because of that one play, he shouldn't be coaching. That's something that every PG has done a few times in their lives.

9 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

I said EP.

That link is stupid. It takes one specific play and sums Mario up as an whole and if Frank doesn't ever give him another minute because of that one play, he shouldn't be coaching. That's something that every PG has done a few times in their lives.

True, but he should probably try to cut out the fancy stuff,  even if it works from time to time. 

22 minutes ago, jjgator said:

True, but he should probably try to cut out the fancy stuff,  even if it works from time to time. 

I agree. Just making the simple pass is best.

I don't understand the reasonings for the second clip though. It worked.

17 hours ago, Payton4thewin said:

It goes back and forth but typically vucevic is an inefficient offensive player for his role and a below average defensive player on average.  There are some games when vucevic will be a game changing player on offense but they're not consistent enough to outweigh his poor games

I get that, but the question was actually a bit more nuanced. The assertion was that we were better as a team without Vuch. I responded that we shouldn’t draw general conclusions after just one game. Whether or not we’re better without Vuch doesn’t only depend on the characteristics you mentioned above, but also on what we have to replace him with. There are significant risks to our offense, given that neither Payton nor Simmons can shoot very well, in playing Biyombo big minutes with the starting line-up. 

The question isn’t whether Vuch is a great center. I think we all know the answer to that one.  The question is whether we’re better without him, given the current players on the team. I don’t think we know the answer yet.