Sign in to follow this  
Orlando Magic Toaster

Magic @ Pistons (Early game 4pm)

53 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

Eh, Mario is going to find a home in the NBA if he wants to (maybe he would rather go back to Europe where he will likely be able to start and play meaningful minutes), but some team will be willing to take an inexpensive risk on him if he wants a roster spot.

We gonna regret not keeping him I'm telling you now. ***** Frank also. He's jarring the life out me and I'm not one to lose my cool alot 

1 hour ago, Magicfan1987 said:

he has no track record of success in Europe

He played meaningful minutes for one of the best basketball teams in Europe as a 19 year old. Not sure how that is "no track record of success".

1 hour ago, Odin said:

He played meaningful minutes for one of the best basketball teams in Europe as a 19 year old. Not sure how that is "no track record of success".

he averaged roughly the same as he has here. most of his good games came in blow out wins where the coach would give him burn. I really like Hezonja and hope he stays with the team but this treatment he's receiving from the coaching staff isn't anything new to his career in the US or overseas.

56 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

he averaged roughly the same as he has here. most of his good games came in blow out wins where the coach would give him burn. I really like Hezonja and hope he stays with the team but this treatment he's receiving from the coaching staff isn't anything new to his career in the US or overseas.

Eh.  His best game was when he basically single handedly won a finals game. So that's not no success.  But its not like he was Luka Doncic

2 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Eh.  His best game was when he basically single handedly won a finals game. So that's not no success.  But its not like he was Luka Doncic

1 hour ago, Magicfan1987 said:

4 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

he has no track record of success in Europe

I am just wondering how many Euro players stats you have looked at. Sure his stats don't look impressive if you look at them through the lens of the NBA or College basketball, but Doncic averaged all of 7.8 points a game last year on 19.9 minutes. Porzingis averaged 11 in 21 minutes his last season in Spain. The guy who was named MVP of the Spanish league only averaged like 16 points last year and only played 26 minutes a game. Mirotic, who is only a role player in the NBA, was the Spanish MVP in 2012-2013 and only averaged 12 points in 24 minutes. Euro teams do weird things with not playing their stars as much as they probably should (I think the NBA has proven that players can play more games than Euro players play, and more minutes without generally breaking down).

That isn't to say that he would go back and instantly become a star or anything, but if he decided to go back to Europe, there are plenty of teams that would want him and he would definitely get opportunities and minutes.

5 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

We need to trade Mario right now before he plays another minute!

And why would anyone just trade for him? Again, he has absolutely no value- in fact, the better he plays, the less value he has.