Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Magic vs Clippers

35 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

Saw this on reddit and am totally for it: play Mario at PG and bench Payton 

can we be worse?

I’m with you. At least we might be more entertaining to watch.  If it turns out that Mario is untenable and we look even worse, stop the experiment after a few games.  I mean we’re losing almost every game already, so how much more is there to lose?   Let’s shake things up a bit.  

2 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

I’m with you. At least we might be more entertaining to watch.  If it turns out that Mario is untenable and we look even worse, stop the experiment after a few games.  I mean we’re losing almost every game already, so how much more is there to lose?   Let’s shake things up a bit.  

Yeah why not? Use him the way Philly uses Ben Simmons.

Problem is his handles in traffic is a weakness but that's an weakness that gets stronger with reps.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Catalina Maria said:

We started losing when Payton came back from injury.

We was losing anyway. It was on the cards 

3 hours ago, Magicman28 said:

Yeah why not? Use him the way Philly uses Ben Simmons.

Problem is his handles in traffic is a weakness but that's an weakness that gets stronger with reps.

I think we'd have to rely more on Fournier and Vuc for assists and to make plays if Mario starts at the 1.

We know Mario has a decent ability to pass. His driving ability and handles are terrible of course. But at least we would have someone who needs to be guarded at the 1 from the 3 point line which I think would open up alot. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I think we are at the point when we can try ANYTHING and not be much worse than we have been playing.

Frank won't do it. He's still stuck in the 90's.

We should've been grooming Mario like a point forward last year.

47 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Frank won't do it. He's still stuck in the 90's.

We should've been grooming Mario like a point forward last year.

Yeah he has some similarities to Hedo Turkoglu. I really want Hezonja to clean up his dribbling game. He'll be a solid player if he does just that

1 hour ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Yeah he has some similarities to Hedo Turkoglu. I really want Hezonja to clean up his dribbling game. He'll be a solid player if he does just that

Hedo was a MUCH more reliable shooter and even though his D wasn't great he didn't look like a deer in the headlights like Mario does sometimes. It's time to let Mario be someone else's project.