Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Magic vs Clippers

6 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

Wow I woke up to a loss. We are totally ****. Team is just predictable beyond words. Back to bed. Overhaul needed. 

You shouldn't have expected a win when we're starting iwundu and hezonja.  Until we get Fournier or Gordon back its going to be all losses 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

You shouldn't have expected a win when we're starting iwundu and hezonja.  Until we get Fournier or Gordon back its going to be all losses 

Which means the season is lost, no?

1 hour ago, Jay Magic said:

The players are still talking about not enough effort?? This is disgraceful. One thing you can control is effort. I don't want nobody on our roster who doesn't put in 100% every time. Get rid of them. Absolute shambles of a team 

Look.  You didn't watch the game.  That's just empty talking points so they have something to say.  Effort was fine with the exception of Payton. The loss was due to a 90 second stretch when hezonja turned the ball over twice allowing 4 consecutive made threes turning a 10 point lead into a 2 point deficit and a 6 minute stretch from the end of the third quarter to the beginning of the fourth where Vogel insisted on playing speights on Sam Dekker despite it completely not working. The clippers scored 20 points in those 6 minutes and without some good offense from our group it would have been a blowout.  

That plus vucevic and Simmons having a difficult time scoring on Jordan and that's the loss.  Not effort.  

15 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Which means the season is lost, no?

I dunno.  Ask me again on January first.  I think we need at least 4 wins to stay in it 

5 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

I dunno.  Ask me again on January first.  I think we need at least 4 wins to stay in it 

I think it is. I just don't see all of a sudden guys coming back and just start winning.

I'm calling it. Season died 12/14/17 at 7:47AM.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Payton4thewin said:

That might be by design in the offense. Iwundu did the same.  So did Augustin.  And that's probably ideal.  I think he probably got the appropriate anoint of looks tonight. 

Maybe so but I don't like that design.  You look at the guys who were/are known for their shooting, such as Havlicek, Redick, Ray Allen, etc.  They were/are all perpetual motion machines.

8 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

I just can’t believe our fans still have to watch this stuff

Unfortunately it was predictable when the new management came in and said essentially they wanted another whole season to evaluate what we had.  Those of us who watched the last few seasons, and especially last season, didn't want to see any more of it, and were not too happy about that decision.  And part of that decision involved trading away multiple draft picks for rookies who look like they're doing well this year, in order not to cause too much disruption to the current roster.

This is the result of those choices.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ibn Battuta said:

Is the box score lying or did Hezonja actually look like an NBA player tonight. 

Looked like a reasonable NBA 12th man.  Big improvement for him.

8 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Unfortunately it was predictable when the new management came in and said essentially they wanted another whole season to evaluate what we had.  Those of us who watched the last few seasons, and especially last season, didn't want to see any more of it, and were not too happy about that decision.  And part of that decision involved trading away multiple draft picks for rookies who look like they're doing well this year, in order not to cause too much disruption to the current roster.

This is the result of those choices.

Yeah I mean why in the hell do you need an whole season to evaluate?

It was clear as a day weeks ago.

1 hour ago, Catalina Maria said:

Payton is one of our biggest problems. We need a decent shooter to run the point.

Saw this on reddit and am totally for it: play Mario at PG and bench Payton 

can we be worse?