Sign in to follow this  
Magicfan1987

Magic @ Hawks

4 minutes ago, Odin said:

For some reason I think San Antonio would be perfect 

I see someone picking him up, for sure. Portland has looked for a decent SF/PF for years and they might take a flyer on Mario

39 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

Mario looks looks like a big bust. He has had ample opportunity to show something.  Llyasova is just a marginal role player. He wouldn’t even start on most teams. The skill Mario was suppose to bring to the table was shooting and he is horrendous. He fouls a lot and is out of position on D quite a bit. He would probably struggle to start in the G league. I see him back in Europe very soon. I am extremely disappointed as I had high hopes for him, but I just don’t see it. He appears to have the body, hops and his shooting stroke looks good, but he just doesn’t translate. I think a big part of it is mental.

i agree with you but the major problem with him is that he is playing out of position. He is not a PF.  Given the chance and patient, he can be a serviceable role player in a team that has a decent PG. 

58 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

i agree with you but the major problem with him is that he is playing out of position. He is not a PF.  Given the chance and patient, he can be a serviceable role player in a team that has a decent PG. 

“Playing out of position” is a nice way of saying he has no position...

It also suggests that if we put him in his natural SF position, he’ll somehow perform better. Which I don’t believe is true. 

The only thing missing in Mario is his confidence. It's been destroyed here I am not sure he ever had it but it sure has not been enhanced by any of our coaches. But a coach has to show confidence In some players by letting them make mistakes and not yanking them. Mario seems to have never gotten that opportunity here, I hope maybe one day he will find it in himself or finds a coach who will. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I see someone picking him up, for sure. Portland has looked for a decent SF/PF for years and they might take a flyer on Mario

Why would any team trade for Mario? If he shows literally anything someone will offer him more than the current team can offer since we declined his 4th year. 

5 minutes ago, King Close said:

Why would any team trade for Mario? If he shows literally anything someone will offer him more than the current team can offer since we declined his 4th year. 

I think we're talking about in free agency

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Yeah, no one mentioned trades..

Yep, I think the conversation has been which team would best be able to make him an nba player/ offer him a contract.

On 12/10/2017 at 10:14 AM, Payton4thewin said:

1. No he's not.  

2. He had an 11 game stretch this year averaging 13.3 ppg on 13.1 fga per game.  That's not better than most people's averages.  

3. When has vucevic ever equaled winning basketball? 

1. Yes he is.  But if you want to call it arguable, I'll let it be.  

2. So his bad stretch isn't as good as some people's averages? Ok.

3. Just because he is a value at his position, thus allowing for better appropriation of funds at other positions to field a better overall team, doesn't mean that he should be the focal point or reason for winning in any way.  

23 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

1. Yes he is.  But if you want to call it arguable, I'll let it be.  

2. So his bad stretch isn't as good as some people's averages? Ok.

3. Just because he is a value at his position, thus allowing for better appropriation of funds at other positions to field a better overall team, doesn't mean that he should be the focal point or reason for winning in any way.  

He's not a value at his position when his position isn't valued anymore.  

And thats what i want to do anyway, appropriate vucevic's talent to another team for stuff at another position