Sign in to follow this  
Magicfan1987

Magic @ Hawks

He's still too productive to be a bench player.  His bad games are still better than most peoples' averages.  I think we should trade him if we are doubling down on the rebuild.  If we are looking to win, we can't afford to offload him.

4 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

He's still too productive to be a bench player.  His bad games are still better than most peoples' averages.  I think we should trade him if we are doubling down on the rebuild.  If we are looking to win, we can't afford to offload him.

1. No he's not.  

2. He had an 11 game stretch this year averaging 13.3 ppg on 13.1 fga per game.  That's not better than most people's averages.  

3. When has vucevic ever equaled winning basketball? 

1 hour ago, Murphy13 said:

Over the last 5 1/4 seasons we’re 143-295. At this point, Vucevic is literally the only constant in that timeframe.

12 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Mario has untapped potential. Played hard on defense and Ilyasova getting hot wasn't just his fault. He needs to make better decisions on offense but he's not a lost cause

When is he going to tap it?  What about his 7 points on 33% shooting (20% from 3) in 31 minutes is inspiring, exactly?  And it seems convenient to just say Ilyasova going off was completely unrelated to Mario lol

Mario looks looks like a big bust. He has had ample opportunity to show something.  Llyasova is just a marginal role player. He wouldn’t even start on most teams. The skill Mario was suppose to bring to the table was shooting and he is horrendous. He fouls a lot and is out of position on D quite a bit. He would probably struggle to start in the G league. I see him back in Europe very soon. I am extremely disappointed as I had high hopes for him, but I just don’t see it. He appears to have the body, hops and his shooting stroke looks good, but he just doesn’t translate. I think a big part of it is mental.

39 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

Mario looks looks like a big bust. He has had ample opportunity to show something.  Llyasova is just a marginal role player. He wouldn’t even start on most teams. The skill Mario was suppose to bring to the table was shooting and he is horrendous. He fouls a lot and is out of position on D quite a bit. He would probably struggle to start in the G league. I see him back in Europe very soon. I am extremely disappointed as I had high hopes for him, but I just don’t see it. He appears to have the body, hops and his shooting stroke looks good, but he just doesn’t translate. I think a big part of it is mental.

i agree with you but the major problem with him is that he is playing out of position. He is not a PF.  Given the chance and patient, he can be a serviceable role player in a team that has a decent PG. 

57 minutes ago, ML6 said:

When is he going to tap it?  What about his 7 points on 33% shooting (20% from 3) in 31 minutes is inspiring, exactly?  And it seems convenient to just say Ilyasova going off was completely unrelated to Mario lol

Hezonja was pretty bad on offense, but he was a lot better on defense than he used to be. Ilyasova wasn't the only one shooting great from 3, their entire team did. Hezonja was pretty good contesting shots at the rim and affected multiple attempts.

His shot looked ugly as hell when he forced them up but he also had a sick pass to Iwundu and some drives that he was able to finish. Considering Hezonja looked like absolute garbage in some games, this is encouraging.

I could say that he led the team in plus minus, but I really don't pay attention to that stat, or simply looking at stats to argue the worth of a player. Vucevic had 3 blocks in multiple games this year and no one would consider him a rim protector.

4 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Hezonja was pretty bad on offense, but he was a lot better on defense than he used to be. Ilyasova wasn't the only one shooting great from 3, their entire team did. Hezonja was pretty good contesting shots at the rim and affected multiple attempts.

His shot looked ugly as hell when he forced them up but he also had a sick pass to Iwundu and some drives that he was able to finish. Considering Hezonja looked like absolute garbage in some games, this is encouraging.

I could say that he led the team in plus minus, but I really don't pay attention to that stat, or simply looking at stats to argue the worth of a player. Vucevic had 3 blocks in multiple games this year and no one would consider him a rim protector.

I just don't subscribe to the line of thinking that he's worthy of praise or us feeling encouraged simply because his floor is "worst player in the league" and in this game he was maybe "5th worst player in the league".  He shouldn't get the benefit of the doubt like that at this point.  He is an absolute bust with few (or zero) redeeming traits. 

Mario played fine for what he was.  An 11th man playing out of position that looked somewhat competent on offense with some good shots and passes and decided to continue his unreliable play on defense where he played ok on the interior and somehow was a weakside shot blocker but also decided to play a step too far away from ilyasova on the perimeter time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time.  

He should continue to be a player outside of the rotation for us as long as winning games is a goal.  Hopefully he joins Brooklyn next year where he'll be force fed minutes or golden state as they love their reclamation projects.  There's still the bones of a useful player but it's not our responsibility to waste resources finding it at the expense of developing other guys like iwundu. 

13 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Mario played fine for what he was.  An 11th man playing out of position that looked somewhat competent on offense with some good shots and passes and decided to continue his unreliable play on defense where he played ok on the interior and somehow was a weakside shot blocker but also decided to play a step too far away from ilyasova on the perimeter time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time.  

He should continue to be a player outside of the rotation for us as long as winning games is a goal.  Hopefully he joins Brooklyn next year where he'll be force fed minutes or golden state as they love their reclamation projects.  There's still the bones of a useful player but it's not our responsibility to waste resources finding it at the expense of developing other guys like iwundu. 

For some reason I think San Antonio would be perfect