Sign in to follow this  
Magicfan1987

Magic @ Hawks

1 minute ago, Payton4thewin said:

He's regressed significantly lately. I don't think Payton coming back really changed anything but it doesn't mean he shouldn't be benched anyway.  He's starting to hit a few threes and its actually detrimental because now other teams are happy with him shooting Abe he stopped attacking at all. 

I don't know.  We were dominating teams like the Cavs and Spurs without him.  When he came back, our 3-ball suffered and our ball movement suffered.  I think there is something there.  I also think we are missing Simmons and Isaac in the second unit.  If we start Simmons, I suggest Fournier coming off the bench.  Our bench play has really suffered with Simmons in the SL and Isaac out.

6 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Yes Payton is the reason we suck. You've figured it out. Genius 

I mean it's a contract year, we're injury riddled, and playing average to below average point guards 4 of the last 5 games and he's been replacement level.  He's not the reason we suck but we shouldn't resign him.  

5 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

I mean it's a contract year, we're injury riddled, and playing average to below average point guards 4 of the last 5 games and he's been replacement level.  He's not the reason we suck but we shouldn't resign him.  

Probably trying to package him in whatever Vucevic deal we can. BTW, good game from Vooch tonight with a triple double

5 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

It is pretty clear that Vuch is still our best player

... he is. lol he sure is. wish we could get vuc production (not necessarily tonight's amazing game, but what he's shown consistantly) from Hezonja. I'd be so happy with 15-4-4 from the kid

7 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

And we still lose. We need to trade him while his stock is high.

34 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Vucevic is really destined to be the best backup center in the league but he'll never accept that

His passing has been good this year and with his 3 point shooting, despite the defensive end, he has improved his game.

10 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

He's really not.  He just decides to be 25% of the time.  The other 75% he causes huge issues that makes him unplayable. Nobody who is against vucevic disagrees with his peak level performance.  He's objectively won games for us. But there's 

1. A level of consistency that he doesn't show to be a starter

2. An attitude problem he shows that's detrimental to the overall success oid the team

3. A fatal flaw (interior defense) that we can't hide.  

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

He's really not.  He just decides to be 25% of the time.  The other 75% he causes huge issues that makes him unplayable. Nobody who is against vucevic disagrees with his peak level performance.  He's objectively won games for us. But there's 

1. A level of consistency that he doesn't show to be a starter

2. An attitude problem he shows that's detrimental to the overall success oid the team

3. A fatal flaw (interior defense) that we can't hide.  

Yup and these are the things we can't forget when he has a game like he did tonight.

It sucks because If he just played hard, commit to defense game in game out, I wouldn't want to trade him.

Ah.. just watched the entire game. Would've been nice to pull out a win.

Vucevic was the go to guy, rightfully so, he was the only offense we had, basically. Simmons was good

Mario has untapped potential. Played hard on defense and Ilyasova getting hot wasn't just his fault. He needs to make better decisions on offense but he's not a lost cause

2 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

Our "best" player, yet he's the biggest reason why we've been worse than mediocre for 6 years. The guy has offensive potential but he's a backup in today's NBA. The sooner he realizes it, the better. Unless he just wants to keep getting dem starter checks. Nothing wrong with that

Also forgot to mention Shelvin Mack who was pretty solid today