Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Magic vs Warriors

4 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

I’m honestly sick of Vogel’s post game comments. If you want a change and if you want guys to play harder, then do something about it. Quit talking about it.

Pretty much. He comes off as so soft! There comes a time where you have to put your foot down and stop being the "players coach". Get in someones ass!

2 hours ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Pretty much. He comes off as so soft! There comes a time where you have to put your foot down and stop being the "players coach". Get in someones ass!

Ummm. I’m not sure this reads the way you meant it to read.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

See, here's the problem. We had a coach who would get after players for bad effort, bench guys, be the bad guy instead of the players' coach. He quit. Guys who are able to go after slackers, really get on the players about poor effort, those guys tend to have trouble getting along with management as well. Usually, they bounce around until they find a GM and ownership group that they can get along with. Carlyle and Thibs come to mind. Not sure Thibs has really found a home yet, but maybe. Carlyle was an admittedly good coach who lost a few jobs because he clashed with management. Same with Thibs. Same with Skiles. Unfortunately, it seems Skiles is just too impatient to deal with this job long term. Management was being patient with him (especially upper management), and I do think he had the team going in the right direction, culture-wise; but the ******* in him was too big to maintain a working relationship with management, and he clearly knew it, so he quit.

It's sad. Flawed as he sometimes was (tendency toward a system that settled too often for mid-range shots, holding to a defense that didn't utilize switching), he was probably the exact type of coach we needed for the players. He was just unmanageable himself as a coach. It's why I was so disappointed when he quit. I wasn't sure he was the long-term answer, but I am still convinced he was, if not the ******* we deserved, certainly he was the ******* we needed him to be.