Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Payton4thewin

Magic vs Thunder

Recommended Posts

Jay Magic    158

Aaron Gordon scored 40 points, 15 rebounds, 4 assists, 4 steals, and 1 block on 13/23 (56%) shooting from the field, and 6/12 (50%) from three-point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jay Magic    158

The body language from Evan and AG is definitely off though... Something you keep a eye on maybe? 

Evan needs to take a back seat.. And let AG flourish.. Jealousy can't be good 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Payton4thewin    1,158
6 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

The body language from Evan and AG is definitely off though... Something you keep a eye on maybe? 

Evan needs to take a back seat.. And let AG flourish.. Jealousy can't be good 

Looked more like Evan was upset with himself

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
~O~    447
Just now, Magicman28 said:

I didn't say the win. Read more carefully. We didn't not treat AG like a role player. We didn't limit him. It was his team tonight. It was a big step away from a Vuch/Fournier led team which is a HUUUGE step forward.

You were talking about the context of the win in which Aaron Gordon was allowed free will.  Understood.  I agree with that context.  

In my context of winning: 

I'm not impressed by these single games in which the Magic decide to express grit.  I've watched over 1200 magic games by now.   Last year was the first time I've never sat through an entire Magic game or gone ahead and watched an entire game after broadcast to evaluate the team.  

Especially against a struggling thunder team.  I've been a fan too long for this to impress me.  I want the Magic to be louder than this and that only comes by scaling a continuous  elevating floor with a huge gap between its ceiling.       

Winning culture is all that matters when it comes to the ultimate goal of this team for me. Sure we want to make the playoffs but we want this organization to win playoffs series consecutively and to contend every year.  Trust that I know this team isn't capable of making, let alone, winning the finals as composed but I was thinking of the overall picture.  Not the single game.  

I agree, it's a small step from your perspective but a miniscule step from mine.    I want to expect great things from this team and that's multiple great scoring nights from Gordon(My type of major step).  I want to see will.  I want to see disappointment and distress in the opponent's face.  Not the comfort that they've had of controlling the game and taking timeouts when the Magic were getting cute.  Not the decision to blowout the Magic when they felt like it in the second half.  I want to see the true helplessness of the opponent knowing for sure that the strategy their implementing will not succeed against the Magic.  We want them to come into the Magic's arena knowing that they have no control of the outcome of the game.   The feeling that THE opponent will have to work to their ceiling to beat the Magic.  This is truly when we've set a winning culture.  

The strategy should have been established from training camp to have Gordon scoring which is the issue the Magic are currently facing.  The Magic's coaching staffs evaluation and adjustments has been delayed to the point that its costing them games.

 

This is nothing against you in anyway but this is how I see it. 

 

1 minute ago, Payton4thewin said:

He literally said it was a small step. 

How many 10 game winning streaks do you think we've had in franchise history? 

You're allowed to be happy while understanding that in the context of a season its just one game

I miss having nice things damn it.  Not even our shaq or Dwight Howard teams got on a 10 game winning streak.  The longest was 9.  

 That's fair.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Payton4thewin    1,158
1 minute ago, ~O~ said:

You were talking about the context of the win in which Aaron Gordon was allowed free will.  Understood.  I agree with that context.  

In my context of winning: 

I'm not impressed by these single games in which the Magic decide to express grit.  I've watched over 1200 magic games by now.   Last year was the first time I've never sat through an entire Magic game or gone ahead and watched an entire game after broadcast to evaluate the team.  

Especially against a struggling thunder team.  I've been a fan too long for this to impress me.  I want the Magic to be louder than this and that only comes by scaling a continuous  elevating floor with a huge gap between its ceiling.       

Winning culture is all that matters when it comes to the ultimate goal of this team for me. Sure we want to make the playoffs but we want this organization to win playoffs series consecutively and to contend every year.  Trust that I know this team isn't capable of making, let alone, winning the finals as composed but I was thinking of the overall picture.  Not the single game.  

I agree, it's a small step from your perspective but a miniscule step from mine.    I want to expect great things from this team and that's multiple great scoring nights from Gordon(My type of major step).  I want to see will.  I want to see disappointment and distress in the opponent's face.  Not the comfort that they've had of controlling the game and taking timeouts when the Magic were getting cute.  Not the decision to blowout the Magic when they felt like it in the second half.  I want to see the true helplessness of the opponent knowing for sure that the strategy their implementing will not succeed against the Magic.  We want them to come into the Magic's arena knowing that they have no control of the outcome of the game.   The feeling that THE opponent will have to work to their ceiling to beat the Magic.  This is truly when we've set a winning culture.  

The strategy should have been established from training camp to have Gordon scoring which is the issue the Magic are currently facing.  The Magic's coaching staffs evaluation and adjustments has been delayed to the point that its costing them games.

 

This is nothing against you in anyway but this is how I see it. 

 

I miss having nice things damn it.  Not even our shaq or Dwight Howard teams got on a 10 game winning streak.  The longest was 9.  

 That's fair.  

You could have cheated and used the 6 game streak to end the 09-10 season and added it to the 8 game playoff win streak.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
~O~    447
7 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

You could have cheated and used the 6 game streak to end the 09-10 season and added it to the 8 game playoff win streak.  

That streak was meh.  I was a streak but not a legendary streak.  The Magic went 8-0 then fizzled against Boston. Don't remind me.  The  Magic would have been in the finals that year had it not been for the Celtics, the Magic's toughness, Cleveland losing to boston, and the Magic incompetence not to be ready to play.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×