Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Magic vs Thunder

11 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

One thing that’s unacceptable from last night is OKC had 22 offensive rebounds to Orlando’s 2.

Yep.  Inexcusable but I did watch the game last night.  

Aaron Gordon and Payton did look fair.  Still stacked with turnovers so there is still work to be done.  Westbrook looked defeated losing to us.  If losing to us does that to

Westbrook, that just says too much about how opponents perceive the Magic around the league.   The loss is a complete FLUKE to him.  Here's to hoping the Magic beat Golden State and to setting standards.  Cheers

1 hour ago, ~O~ said:

Yep.  Inexcusable but I did watch the game last night.  

Aaron Gordon and Payton did look fair.  Still stacked with turnovers so there is still work to be done.  Westbrook looked defeated losing to us.  If losing to us does that to

Westbrook, that just says too much about how opponents perceive the Magic around the league.   The loss is a complete FLUKE to him.  Here's to hoping the Magic beat Golden State and to setting standards.  Cheers

SMDH ^ Gordon fair?  Are u Fournier?

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

SMDH ^ Gordon fair?  Are u Fournier?

Maybe I am!  Search me online.  You'll see that my attitude isn't the only thing that's....!!!...............nasty...

---

Contentment can be a burden on a player's growth.  I don't want him to be content with that performance alone.  Like I said in the previous post; I want to see a continuous rising floor with the gap between its ceiling expanding.  We don't want our players to be just content with that performance.  We want multiple great performances.  Evan fournier was a complete disappointment to me last night as well as Vuc.  Gordon impacted the game.  

12 minutes ago, ~O~ said:

Maybe I am!  Search me online.  You'll see that my attitude isn't the only thing that's....!!!...............nasty...

---

Contentment can be a burden on a player's growth.  I don't want him to be content with that performance alone.  Like I said in the previous post; I want to see a continuous rising floor with the gap between its ceiling expanding.  We don't want our players to be just content with that performance.  We want multiple great performances.  Evan fournier was a complete disappointment to me last night as well as Vuc.  Gordon impacted the game.  

That doesn't really make sense though.  Its not like Gordon gets on here and says "man, ~O~ said i played great! Now i can relax"

You don't have to downplay a guys performance thinking it has some impact on their future.  Because it doesn't

46 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

That doesn't really make sense though.  Its not like Gordon gets on here and says "man, ~O~ said i played great! Now i can relax"

You don't have to downplay a guys performance thinking it has some impact on their future.  Because it doesn't

I know he doesn't get on here and sees such things.  I...as individual only hope he isn't' content with a 40 point game with a couple of other scrappy numbers every one to ten games where he's down to earth for the other 9.  He had 40 points....ok.  Like I said..it doesn't impress me until he strings great performances together against real competition.  We've all seen better from other individual talented magic players.  

I will say everything no one wants to hear.  It's just my approach and my outlook on this towards realism of extended long term goals for what I want to witness from him.  Its selfish lol.  If he follows up the game with 30, 25,  55, 28, 35 and variation, know for sure that, I'll give him credit.  As long it's over 22 points, I'm fine.   

Vogel's strategy in the last 9 was limiting him so I believe he's much more capable this current year than what I've witnessed. 

13 minutes ago, ~O~ said:

I know he doesn't get on here and sees such things.  I...as individual only hope he isn't' content with a 40 point game with a couple of other scrappy numbers every one to ten games where he's down to earth for the other 9.  He had 40 points....ok.  Like I said..it doesn't impress me until he strings great performances together against real competition.  We've all seen better from other individual talented magic players.  

I will say everything no one wants to hear.  It's just my approach and my outlook on this towards realism of extended long term goals for what I want to witness from him.  Its selfish lol.  If he follows up the game with 30, 25,  55, 28, 35 and variation, know for sure that, I'll give him credit.  As long it's over 22 points, I'm fine.   

Vogel's strategy in the last 9 was limiting him so I believe he's much more capable this current year than what I've witnessed. 

I think you think you're bringing edginess but really it's just an absurd level of expectation.  

He should get more shots. He should have a higher baseline for the median game.  But nobody scores like that except mvp caliber players.  

I guess if we gave him porzingis type touches he could probably get there. But realistically he'll have a Klay Thompson type scoring profile.  16, 33, 14, 21, 22, 18, 29, 15, 27,15, 13, 28, etc. 

He's not polished enough to be a scorer.  He's a matchup breaker.  He killed Carmelo. He kills switches.  He's not an every night guy (yet). 

I think you think you're bringing edginess but really it's just an absurd level of expectation

I don't expect this to be immediate.  I am just desperate progress as well as all of our other fans here.  Aaron Gordon's progress is the biggest factor I'm most invested in.   Once again, I do want our players to be content with their games.  Their contentment has developed a losing culture.  Aaron Gordon is the least content player on our team by numbers this season.  Gordon has set himself apart.    

I've dismissed Payton, Vucevic, and Fournier in my hopes toward a winning culture.  I'm still waiting for Isaac to develop and truly will have to wait his 4th and 5th year for an actual annual comparison of real progress.   All my hopes are Gordon now.