Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

11 minutes ago, Mack1085 said:

Completely possible. And at #5 I’m willing to find out. We aren’t going anywhere anytime soon and have all our future picks. If we need to find a superstar through the draft he’s a worthy gamble at that stage barring near consensus concern over his long-term health. 

Im a big sexton fan.  And there's a few bigs that look promising. 

I'd take him 7th. No sooner

45 minutes ago, Mack1085 said:

Completely possible. And at #5 I’m willing to find out. We aren’t going anywhere anytime soon and have all our future picks. If we need to find a superstar through the draft he’s a worthy gamble at that stage barring near consensus concern over his long-term health. 

Disagree. Not worth the risk with a top 5 pick.

32 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Im a big sexton fan.  And there's a few bigs that look promising. 

I'd take him 7th. No sooner

Sexton is a safe bet to be an above average PG in the league but I don’t see a cornerstone player in him. Bamba is the only guy outside the top 4 players who people talk about that would potentially slide ahead of Porter. We should be targeting a Superstar where there is that potential at the top of this draft. A team full of “3rd best guys on championships teams” is not what we should be shooting for. 

Y’all are way mixing up the threads. It’s like we have 2 draft threads going. Not trying to be the a-hole but makes it harder to keep up with what’s being said :) 

4 hours ago, Payton4thewin said:

Ooof i would not bet on porter jr. There's not a great chance he's still playing after his rookie contract

I would not risk a high pick on a guy that had back surgery, I know too many people that have had it and none that were 100% afterward. Every draft pick is a risk but some are glaringly more so than others! This draft is loaded with healthy talent and the top 5 all have a good potential to be game changers.

18 hours ago, Payton4thewin said:

Ooof i would not bet on porter jr. There's not a great chance he's still playing after his rookie contract

P4TW are you able to move all this draft stuff to the draft thread? Somebody downvoted this??? Must have been the guy that started the draft thread in the wrong spot LOL

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Last week I wrote about how Luka Doncic is probably the best international prospect in draft history, with a skill package and basketball intellect as high as any 18-year-old we’ve seen in a long time. But I also noted that when you dig into the film, you find real questions surrounding certain aspects of his physical ability and athletic ceiling: his ability to separate from defenders and elevate to finish around the basket may limit his ability to become an NBA superstar.

Deandre Ayton, another player discussed as a potential #1 overall selection, is a great counterpoint to Doncic. While Doncic excels because of basketball intellect despite some athletic limitations, Ayton dominates with his body — but does not yet have the basketball mind to match.

Ayton checks basically every box from a physical standpoint: already, at the age of 19, he has the size and strength of an NBA center, with nimble feet, lateral quickness for his size, and easy lift off the floor. That combination, along with touch nice touch both around the rim and on midrange jumpers, gives him a ceiling as high as anyone. It’s not hard to imagine him as a dominant, two-way presence.

And yet there’s something missing. Ayton seems to lack an instinct for the game, that vague yet still tangible quality that scouts describe as “feel”.

https://cleaningtheglass.com/midseason-draft-review-deandre-ayton/

1 minute ago, Payton4thewin said:

Last week I wrote about how Luka Doncic is probably the best international prospect in draft history, with a skill package and basketball intellect as high as any 18-year-old we’ve seen in a long time. But I also noted that when you dig into the film, you find real questions surrounding certain aspects of his physical ability and athletic ceiling: his ability to separate from defenders and elevate to finish around the basket may limit his ability to become an NBA superstar.

Deandre Ayton, another player discussed as a potential #1 overall selection, is a great counterpoint to Doncic. While Doncic excels because of basketball intellect despite some athletic limitations, Ayton dominates with his body — but does not yet have the basketball mind to match.

Ayton checks basically every box from a physical standpoint: already, at the age of 19, he has the size and strength of an NBA center, with nimble feet, lateral quickness for his size, and easy lift off the floor. That combination, along with touch nice touch both around the rim and on midrange jumpers, gives him a ceiling as high as anyone. It’s not hard to imagine him as a dominant, two-way presence.

And yet there’s something missing. Ayton seems to lack an instinct for the game, that vague yet still tangible quality that scouts describe as “feel”.

In other words do u pick an intelligent, basketball wise player with limited physical skills or the exact opposite type player?  Right now I will take the smart player. Brains wins over brawn. 

1 hour ago, fan for too long 2 said:

In other words do u pick an intelligent, basketball wise player with limited physical skills or the exact opposite type player?  Right now I will take the smart player. Brains wins over brawn. 

I’d be happy with either. Both cornerstone players. If we’re in a position to add either I won’t complain. 

1 hour ago, Payton4thewin said:

I read this and instantly thought, no franchise player.

Same ****ty luck different draft. 

48 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

I read this and instantly thought, no franchise player.

Same ****ty luck different draft. 

I really like this draft