Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

7 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

I’m looking at who potentially drops, such as Michael Porter Jr. It’s possible some of these other prospects have strong showings and thus Jr drops. That’s a risk I can get behind. 

Ooof i would not bet on porter jr. There's not a great chance he's still playing after his rookie contract

3 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Ooof i would not bet on porter jr. There's not a great chance he's still playing after his rookie contract

there's also a chance he stays in school

I dont know if anyone else is keeping up with auburn basketball and I know I’m being a homer but Bryce Brown looks like he could be a great second rounder. He gets hot from 3

some clarity for Weltman on "the draft flattened out" he meant that there was no general consensus around the league execs about the prospects left, so a guy you might take if you had a pick at 20 might be able to be had at 40. That's why he was so excited to get Iwundu because they had him ranked so high on their draft board. He wasn't saying that the talent fell off a cliff or anything. He also shared he mostly couldn't bring 4 rookies into trainning camp and in a evaluation year that wouldn't make much sense, and unfortunately for him none of us here were there to tell him otherwise

7 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

I dont know if anyone else is keeping up with auburn basketball and I know I’m being a homer but Bryce Brown looks like he could be a great second rounder. He gets hot from 3

Ive played basketball all over Florida and NEVER have I had my tail whipped like I did in Birmingham by young Auburn fans

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Ive played basketball all over Florida and NEVER have I had my tail whipped like I did in Birmingham by young Auburn fans

Hahah them auburn boys go hard! Extremely excited we finally have a basketball team. Bruce Pearl is the best thing that happened to the program since Charles Barkley

1 hour ago, Payton4thewin said:

What if it's 8 and what if we draft mikael bridges and what if he's basically terrence ross? That's not a great return and i love ross.  

Though what if  bridges is jimmy butler...

I agree #8 isn’t a good enough return, but I am a big Mikal Bridges fan too. The measurables and the demonstrated ability to improve his game are great. But even if you believe he can be butler-level you don’t know he’s there at 8. 

If we could get Ayton/Euro/Bagley and Sexton/Young, I’d be ecstatic. Consider this lineup:

PG: Sexton

SG: Ross

SF: Isaac

PF: Gordon

C: Ayton

That’s exciting to me, with Iwundu and Birch as other prospects.

1 hour ago, Payton4thewin said:

I think he drops like Embiid and has the same situation where he’s the best player from the draft if/when healthy. I’d 100% take him if he drops to 4 or 5 and we’re picking there. 

GMs apparently were split on the injury (although none have seen the medical) so it’s not a slam dunk either way. 

2 minutes ago, Mack1085 said:

I think he drops like Embiid and has the same situation where he’s the best player from the draft if/when healthy. I’d 100% take him if he drops to 4 or 5 and we’re picking there. 

GMs apparently were split on the injury (although none have seen the medical) so it’s not a slam dunk either way. 

I think he's Brandon Roy

14 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

I think he's Brandon Roy

Completely possible. And at #5 I’m willing to find out. We aren’t going anywhere anytime soon and have all our future picks. If we need to find a superstar through the draft he’s a worthy gamble at that stage barring near consensus concern over his long-term health.