Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

56 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

4 will not be that bad of a position. You still end with one of ayton, doncic, young or Bagley. Even at a the 5 spot if we add is still ok. 

Anything after the 5th will be detrimental.

Maybe it won't but I rather have Young, Ayton, or Sexton. I'm not to crazy about the others

9 hours ago, DirtDan2012 said:

I honestly believe minus a few injury concerns that there are 5 can't miss prospects in this draft.

which guarantees we will string together a couple meaningless wins in the last week of the season to slot us in at pick number 6

If we’re going to pick Young I’d rather target Bamba with a second pick in the top 10. It would probably cost less than going after an Ayton, and giving up a defensive prospect like Isaac plus a future first is a ton for a center who doesn’t protect the rim or play defense. Especially when you’ve just drafted a defensive liability at the PG position. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Mack1085 said:

If we’re going to pick Young I’d rather target Bamba with a second pick in the top 10. It would probably cost less than going after an Ayton, and giving up a defensive prospect like Isaac plus a future first is a ton for a center who doesn’t protect the rim or play defense. Especially when you’ve just drafted a defensive liability at the PG position. 

I like this. He also has potential to fall. The lottery picks we have the best shot at trading for is the hornets pick, nets pick from the cavs, jazz pick, and maybe the Philly and New York picks

1 hour ago, Mack1085 said:

I like it but I think Mamba is getting pick in the top7-8. I think we can go with Young ans likely look at Jarren Jackson jr.out of michigan state as a late lottery pick. Very aggressive Defensive player that still can spread the offense due to his advanced shooting skills for a big guy. He can play both the PF and Center position.

The other(less desired option if we loose on Young) is going for Ayton as our first round pick and go with Landry Shamet(pg whichita state)or Devonte Graham(pg kansas) with a very late first round pick. Both very long at 6’4 with great 3 point fg% at a high volume. 

We can  keep Isaac in our roster with this scenario. All we need is formulate a trade with one of the other guys for a late first rounder.

Bagley’s positional alertness while playing interior defense also leaves something to be desired. He’s not yet sharp on shifting to the right spots, and he’s not consistent on his rotational execution against pick-and-rolls.

Trevor Magnotti of The Step Back explained why Bagley’s defensive shortcomings could be concerning:

You can point to his lack of feel and rim protection…Bagley rarely puts himself in position to contest shots, and he gets lost off ball at times, even on the wing in Duke’s 2-3 zone. He can be confused by off-ball actions to spring shooters, and it’s difficult to determine if his lapses are just part of adjusting to the college game or more indicative of a long-term issue he’ll have to address.

Given his footspeed, Bagley could develop into a middle-tier or even an above-average defender. We just need to keep his limitations in mind, especially when we’re discussing Bagley as a top-three prospect and a potential No. 1 pick.

As The Stepien’s Cole Zwicker explained on Sam Vecenie’s Game Theory podcast, Bagley’s draft-night value will likely come down to fit. If someone like the Memphis Grizzlies had the pick, or the New York Knicks traded for the pick, he would be an exciting choice. He’d mesh superbly with skilled bigs such as Marc Gasol or Kristaps Porzingis.

However, teams like the Atlanta Hawks, Orlando Magic or Sacramento Kings should be more wary about taking him because he’s not versatile enough to immediately thrive with their personnel. Deandre Ayton, Luka Doncic, Trae Young and Michael Porter Jr. might all be safer assets, even if is ceiling is higher than most of them.

Again, this isn’t an exposure of Bagley as a fraud. He has a good chance to become highly productive in the NBA and even grow into an All-Star. He’s tremendously athletic for a 6-11 prospect, and he has an awesome motor, so those are two crucial boxes he checks. Suitors just need to keep his weaknesses in mind, especially if they’re considering him with a top-three pick. He’s not a foolproof commodity.

https://www.fanragsports.com/the-risks-of-drafting-marvin-bagley-iii-in-the-top-3/

2 hours ago, WarDamnMagic said:

If we took on batum’s huge contract do y’all think we could get the hornets first rounder?

Yes. Probably two firsts.  

Not sure it'd be worth it though.  Thats a long contract

1 minute ago, Payton4thewin said:

Yes. Probably two firsts.  

Not sure it'd be worth it though.  Thats a long contract

Yeah I know but if we can dump fournier whose contract is just as long it’s only another 5mill a year. Might be worth it for 1 maybe 2 draft picks. Maybe they would take Dj too

6 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

Yeah I know but if we can dump fournier whose contract is just as long it’s only another 5mill a year. Might be worth it for 1 maybe 2 draft picks. Maybe they would take Dj too

It's not 5 million per year.  It's 5, 7, 8.5, 10 and change.  Plus Fournier would probably opt out for the 20-21 season trying to cash in on a big contract before he turns 28 while batum has lingering elbow issues and will be turning 32 probably won't be opting out of his 27 million deal.  

14 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

It's not 5 million per year.  It's 5, 7, 8.5, 10 and change.  Plus Fournier would probably opt out for the 20-21 season trying to cash in on a big contract before he turns 28 while batum has lingering elbow issues and will be turning 32 probably won't be opting out of his 27 million deal.  

Holy **** I didn’t know his contract was backloaded like that. They would have to give us 2 firsts and maybe monk for that to be worth it.