Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

18 hours ago, Payton4thewin said:

Young is some outlier player who shouldn't be doing what he's doing. Steve Nash ish. 

Sexton is another Lowry type guy.  

Doncic is hard to comp.  He's like hedo-ginobili who does nothing but win.  

Hedo is a good comp. He is a great rebounder for his size too.  I only watched him play when he played for Slovenia earlier this year, and he did great there obviously.

He is not as aggressive as Ginobili with the drives, but still pretty good.  He is more of a type of guy who is at his best when he lets the game come to him, similar to Gordon.

But one thing I can say for sure is that the team played much better with him on the floor, and he accumulated points/rebounds/assists like crazy, but in a very stealth way, was always a surprise to check box score at the end of games.

My question about Doncic- I see a lot of people out there (media, etc.) saying that he is or can be a PG, however looking at his size and where he produces, it looks like he is more of a ball handling wing. Can he play PG or would he more likely be playing on the wing?

3 minutes ago, Odin said:

My question about Doncic- I see a lot of people out there (media, etc.) saying that he is or can be a PG, however looking at his size and where he produces, it looks like he is more of a ball handling wing. Can he play PG or would he more likely be playing on the wing?

Both.  

Doncic gives you options.  You can make him the primary ball handler and initiator and run a combo guard at 1. Or a scoring pg. Or you find another wing that can defend points (like ross) and have him slide down at times.  

On 1/4/2018 at 11:32 AM, Odin said:

I saw him playing while I was in Madrid. He is really really good. He is a combo guard.  A weird combination of rubio and wade. 

He is only 18 and was clearly the leader in that team. He is going to be special for sure. Court vision was great. Shooting abilities were pretty good and can shoot the 3’s. 

The only issue I saw with him was his defense. He can get lazy at times. I dont know how he will do against faster PG’s in NBA. 

On 1/6/2018 at 6:52 AM, magicdoc1 said:

I saw him playing while I was in Madrid. He is really really good. He is a combo guard.  A weird combination of rubio and wade. 

He is only 18 and was clearly the leader in that team. He is going to be special for sure. Court vision was great. Shooting abilities were pretty good and can shoot the 3’s. 

The only issue I saw with him was his defense. He can get lazy at times. I dont know how he will do against faster PG’s in NBA. 

He’ll fit in great here if that’s the case. 

Doncic is intriguing, if we’re talking about picking #4/5 then he seems like a no brainer.   At this point we are in the game for Ayton or Bagley though..

Ayton is the dream. Bagley is the consolation and a damn good one. 

At 3 I think you could make the case for Doncic/Porter/Young. 

The more I watch Young the less I’m into him but I get the Curry hype because most all his weaknesses people said the same thing about Curry. 

The reality is that if Porter was actually playing and getting hype he’d be a top 3 lock IMO. 

1 hour ago, HeHateMe said:

Ayton is the dream. Bagley is the consolation and a damn good one. 

At 3 I think you could make the case for Doncic/Porter/Young. 

The more I watch Young the less I’m into him but I get the Curry hype because most all his weaknesses people said the same thing about Curry. 

The reality is that if Porter was actually playing and getting hype he’d be a top 3 lock IMO. 

Yeah and the thing with back surgeries is more often than not there is still back pain or future surgeries. BIG risk with Porter.