Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

58 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

To be honest I think we'll win too many games and finish around 7th-10th worst.

I think we've been injured enough to end up 5th. 

There’s little arguing with Bagley’s production, and he’s coming off a massive 32-point, 21-rebound ACC debut against Florida State. He’s perhaps the best offensive rebounder in the country and has dominated in the paint since coming to college. Bagley has also shown off some ball-handling and passing skills and the ability to make the occasional jumper. He’s not as long as you’d like and not much of an interior defender, but there’s a lot of room for growth that makes him part of the conversation atop the draft. If he falls, nobody will be upset about drafting him third or fourth. Adding Bagley in with Aaron Gordon and Jonathan Isaac would give the Magic an intriguing frontcourt trio to develop.

https://www.si.com/nba/2018/01/02/nba-mock-draft-2018-trae-young-deandre-ayton-luka-doncic

wouldn't be my choice if we're picking #3

^ I agree. We need one of the game changing PGs or centers (if we can move Vuc). It would be really great if we could finagle some way to trade into the top 5 and get 1 of each. Biz is starting to play like what we signed him for with the extended minutes so picking a young big to develop behind him would be OK.

I'd much rather get Doncic, Young, or Sexton and trade EP for a bag of onions and a 2nd.

35 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I hope so. I'd cut off a finger to get Trae Young

I support this-

Signed

The god who hung himself, stabbed himself, and gave away his eye for wisdom and knowledge.

(But really, don't. Finger injuries are not fun.)

10 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

And with the 1st pick of the 2018 NBA draft the Orlando Magic take...

I REALLY want Young just because I think he compliments Fournier Isaac and Gordon so much (mainly the last two) but I wouldn't be mad if we got Ayton, it'd make a lot of sense and our franchise has always been at its best with an all star center. if we mess around and fall, Sexton is still a great prospect as is Bamba. That's my respective tiers for the top cs and pgs 

Young/Fournier/Isaac\AG\Biz could definitely make some noise. If we take a center and haven't been able to trade Vuc or Biz then we won't have many minutes available. We have to be smart and tank for Young, Doncic, or Sexton in the top 5.