Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

On 12/27/2017 at 2:27 AM, CTMagicUK said:

If we got pick 1 I'm trading back to pick Young or Sexton I think. To be perfectly honest I think Ayton, Doncic and Bagley could be good enough we regret it but if we can get extra assets and a stud PG that would be ideal for me. If we believe in AG and Isaac  (I admit not everyone does or will) we have to invest in somebody who can create better situations for them to succeed on offense and score the ball when nobody else will to take the pressure off of them.

There is no way I would trade back if we get the number 1 pick. Ayton is a cant miss prospect IMO. Bagley is right behind him. 

2 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

There is no way I would trade back if we get the number 1 pick. Ayton is a cant miss prospect IMO. Bagley is right behind him. 

Bagley sucks at defense 

I would probably take Bagley about 7th.

EDIT: That's phrased oddly.  I think Bagley is about the 7th or 8th best prospect.  Would anyone who likes him care to explain what is so enticing?  He reminds me of Michael Beasley. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ML6 said:

I would probably take Bagley about 7th.

EDIT: That's phrased oddly.  I think Bagley is about the 7th or 8th best prospect.  Would anyone who likes him care to explain what is so enticing?  He reminds me of Michael Beasley. 

he's much taller and more athletic than Beasley. I like Ayton and Bamba better than him. I'm not as high on him as others, but for fun let's assume who goes before him if he's at 7 or 8 

Young, Ayton,  Doncic, Porter, Bamba, Sexton... 

7 sounds about right, have no clue who would jump him and push him to 8? Jackson seems to be a 3 and D power forward, we know the value of those but he plays the same position as Bagley and I don't know any scouts that would pick him over Bags. People compare him a lot to Chris Bosh he was a great player but he's have to go to the right team and so many teams in the lottery already have young lottery 4s (Phoenix, Sacramento, Chicago), if they draft higher he could really drop. Bosh was a much better defensive player and shot the ball better if I remember.  I like Bagley he's just not anything in the Unicorn department which has become the gold standard.

1 hour ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

I really can't root for losses at this point but man how nice would it be to actually have the #1 pick to land a guy like that?!?!

I will root for losses for both of us. We desperately need to draft one of the few game changers to get this team on the right track. Coming in 5-7 from the bottom won't get it done.