Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Magic @ Philly

Just now, Gordon MVP said:

I think I’m done for the season dudes..there isn’t even potential to look forward to

I'll be here because I want us to finally pull the plug on Payton-Vuc. It will happen eventually. I see us losing at least two more games in a row, making it 10. Somebody gotta go

So I haven’t been able to watch recently, but why are people complaining about Payton this game? It looks like he is doing everything you would want him to do from the box score- scoring efficiently, stuffing the stat sheet. It looks like the defense is what is letting the team down- and that is a team thing/ the pg should never be the most important element of a defense.

1 hour ago, Payton4thewin said:

Philly probably isn't hitting 61% from three in the second half.  

Absolutely right, second half was a different story.  They went off for a ridiculous 70 in the first half (back to back games we gave up 70 in the first half, btw).  We tightened up our defense and held them down to 60 in the second.

1 minute ago, Odin said:

So I haven’t been able to watch recently, but why are people complaining about Payton this game? It looks like he is doing everything you would want him to do from the box score- scoring efficiently, stuffing the stat sheet. It looks like the defense is what is letting the team down- and that is a team thing/ the pg should never be the most important element of a defense.

It’s all about chemistry. He could be good on his own but if his lack of a shot is keeping everyone else from scoring then he’s no good. He can score all he wants. To add, we look completely careless on defense. The team has no passion. I think Payton’s easygoing personality is contagious. The chemistry just hasn’t been the same.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Absolutely right, second half was a different story.  They went off for a ridiculous 70 in the first half (back to back games we gave up 70 in the first half, btw).  We tightened up our defense and held them down to 60 in the second.

LOL......Wee'sa makin progress......

3 minutes ago, Odin said:

Partly agree.  Payton was benched after only a few minutes in the first quarter after he failed to box out one of the Philadelphia players.  He sat on the bench looking like he was pouting whenever they showed him, but it appears it did make an impact.  He was playing harder when he got back out there.

1 minute ago, Catalina Maria said:

I still don’t understand how lopsided bad we’ve become. I was at the game when we killed the Spurs! WTH happened???? Did teams figure us out? Why isn’t anyone considering “the return of Payton from injury” effect???? We completely suck since his return. Could Augustin spreading the ball be that “one thing” we were missing???

Because there's nothing to suggest Payton specifically is causing this he was back for two wins then we went on a losing streak. It's coincidental mostly.

What we have is statistics that show vucevic is (at least a few days ago) the worst interior defender in the league and teams are consistently outrebounding us. Gordon's defense has been lacking lately too until tonight.  

I think we'd be fine with vucevic removed from the team entirely and think we should play birch some.

2 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I'll be here because I want us to finally pull the plug on Payton-Vuc. It will happen eventually. I see us losing at least two more games in a row, making it 10. Somebody gotta go

I am also concerned about Frank, what the heck is he accomplishing here with this group? I think with our new front office, we will have better talent evaluations and a better player that we will be committed to in the future. Just have to get through this season!  Ugh!

2 minutes ago, chosen12 said:

I am also concerned about Frank, what the heck is he accomplishing here with this group? I think with our new front office, we will have better talent evaluations and a better player that we will be committed to in the future. Just have to get through this season!  Ugh!

Frank can go as well. I don't care

1 minute ago, Jay Magic said:

130 points LOL... no more excuses.. 

Yeah, tough to explain! Wait, when Jonathan Issac gets back..................oh never mind!!!