Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

Magic @ Celtics Game Thread

Is it possible? Sure, but by us not picking up his option he can go wherever he wants and i'm sure him and his agent are ready to bolt.

5 hours ago, Payton4thewin said:

Mario's issues are entirely mental.  Every time he plays well its during garbage time

Yes, he clearly plays scared and shuts down when he makes 1 or 2 mistakes. But the talent is undoubtedly there. He threw some brilliant passes yesterday and I've seen him light up from 3 in Spain

I think he's done with the Magic but I'll keep an eye on him and hope he succeeds in the NBA, playing for some other team

• Like 1

Seriously, people need to stop with the Mario Hezonja "maybe he's going to suddenly be an NBA player" garbage. I was a big fan of him on Draft night, too, but he's shown pretty clearly that he's terrible. His best season was his rookie season, and that was very bad for a 5th pick. The man has a single-digit AST% with a TO% at nearly 20. His PER is in the single digits. He has yet to prove he has one viable NBA skill; he can't dribble, is a timid and inconsistent shooter, seems genuinely mystified by very concept of team defense, and seems to be getting slower and less athletic already at age 22. He is the least mentally stable player on a team of mental midgets. We need to accept that he's awful and move on.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Justin Jaudon said:

Seriously, people need to stop with the Mario Hezonja "maybe he's going to suddenly be an NBA player" garbage. I was a big fan of him on Draft night, too, but he's shown pretty clearly that he's terrible. His best season was his rookie season, and that was very bad for a 5th pick. The man has a single-digit AST% with a TO% at nearly 20. His PER is in the single digits. He has yet to prove he has one viable NBA skill; he can't dribble, is a timid and inconsistent shooter, seems genuinely mystified by very concept of team defense, and seems to be getting slower and less athletic already at age 22. He is the least mentally stable player on a team of mental midgets. We need to accept that he's awful and move on.

This is accurate.

28 minutes ago, Justin Jaudon said:

He's 22. Stop it.

35 minutes ago, Justin Jaudon said:

We're going to move on but it doesn't mean this is who he is forever

You can't say Mario is a bust. Look at AG who is just now starting to come into his own as a player and he's been playing consistent minutes the last couple of seasons. 

What is sickening is that these last couple of years have been development years for all of our of our young guys except for Mario. Nobody here knows what he is or isn't as a player. Who would have thought that Harkless would be a starter right now. 

Its just the fact that when he was in year one, he showed promise of being a top tier player.  He's stagnated and hasn't changed in the least or possibly has gotten worse.  Incremental growth is what we're desperate for; desperate to witness to be honest.  We're not witnessing that to any degree with Hezonja.  So....what do we do?  We don't have the time for contract focused players.  We want players who want to make Orlando the best in the league.  Stagnation is a great sign of indifference to growth when it comes to Hezonja.  

On 11/25/2017 at 8:41 AM, TRU BELIEVER said:

I feel really bad for Mario. How is that all of the rest of the players can shoot and miss as much as they want and clearly not play good defense and they get to keep playing, I mean seriously how many shots has AA bricked. Even Speights who I like can miss a lot of 3 pointers in a row and still have the green light to keep shooting and he eventually gets hot. Mario played well when he came in but I'm sure it will go unrewarded from Vogel. 

I've watched most of the games and don't believe I've ever seen Speight miss a lot of 3s in a row.

17 hours ago, ~O~ said:

Its just the fact that when he was in year one, he showed promise of being a top tier player.  He's stagnated and hasn't changed in the least or possibly has gotten worse.  Incremental growth is what we're desperate for; desperate to witness to be honest.  We're not witnessing that to any degree with Hezonja.  So....what do we do?  We don't have the time for contract focused players.  We want players who want to make Orlando the best in the league.  Stagnation is a great sign of indifference to growth when it comes to Hezonja.  

It's gotta be mental cause the kids is always singing about how hard he works and doesn't take days off etc.