Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

Magic @ Celtics Game Thread

22 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

The obscene gesture where you place your tongue between your index and middle fingers. I don't know to who. Maybe a fan. It's sad.

Sounds like a suspension to me..................

7 hours ago, DirtDan2012 said:

Now we know why Skiles quit...............   LOL

Crazy thing. I only remember one, maybe two guys ever giving ****ty effort under Skiles for this team (Payton and Vuc, and actually they gave effort more often than they do now). This team had issues that year, but mostly it was falling apart in 4th quarters due to not having a viable veteran PG or a legitimate #1 scoring option (and Vuc's inability to defend the high PnR). If guys played with poor effort, they got yanked. So much hate was thrown at Skiles on this board because of the nepotism of his hiring, even before he quit, but could it be he was actually treating these guys the way they needed to be treated? Vogel just seems to be too worried about these guys' feelings to push them to be better. Say what you will about Skiles, but if we'd been giving this poor effort night in and night out when he was here, the whole team would have been benched. We'd be playing Khem and Wes and whoever.

Fell asleep before we tipped off.. Woke up during the game when we was down 24.. No disrespect guys but this team is a ABSOLUTE joke

Talk the talk but do not walk the walk at all... Lost 7 in a row??? 

Celtics are a hard team to beat etc.. On a serious level if we don't win tonight at the Sixers ***** this team totally 

4 hours ago, Justin Jaudon said:

Crazy thing. I only remember one, maybe two guys ever giving ****ty effort under Skiles for this team (Payton and Vuc, and actually they gave effort more often than they do now). This team had issues that year, but mostly it was falling apart in 4th quarters due to not having a viable veteran PG or a legitimate #1 scoring option (and Vuc's inability to defend the high PnR). If guys played with poor effort, they got yanked. So much hate was thrown at Skiles on this board because of the nepotism of his hiring, even before he quit, but could it be he was actually treating these guys the way they needed to be treated? Vogel just seems to be too worried about these guys' feelings to push them to be better. Say what you will about Skiles, but if we'd been giving this poor effort night in and night out when he was here, the whole team would have been benched. We'd be playing Khem and Wes and whoever.

You don't teach mental toughness by threatening to quit at the first sight of adversity. That and the Tobias for his ol buddies Jennings and Ilyasova was a dumb idea and my main issues with him.

I feel really bad for Mario. How is that all of the rest of the players can shoot and miss as much as they want and clearly not play good defense and they get to keep playing, I mean seriously how many shots has AA bricked. Even Speights who I like can miss a lot of 3 pointers in a row and still have the green light to keep shooting and he eventually gets hot. Mario played well when he came in but I'm sure it will go unrewarded from Vogel. 

15 minutes ago, TRU BELIEVER said:

I feel really bad for Mario. How is that all of the rest of the players can shoot and miss as much as they want and clearly not play good defense and they get to keep playing, I mean seriously how many shots has AA bricked. Even Speights who I like can miss a lot of 3 pointers in a row and still have the green light to keep shooting and he eventually gets hot. Mario played well when he came in but I'm sure it will go unrewarded from Vogel. 

Yeah Mario was one of the very few bright spots last night.

Now would be a great time for him to step up consistently. I believe if he did and he had some confidence, he would play harder than some of our starters.

54 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Yeah Mario was one of the very few bright spots last night.

Now would be a great time for him to step up consistently. I believe if he did and he had some confidence, he would play harder than some of our starters.

Mario's issues are entirely mental.  Every time he plays well its during garbage time

5 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Mario's issues are entirely mental.  Every time he plays well its during garbage time

Yeah it's obvious. That's why I rather see  him get it here and not with another team.

Of course Mario only plays well in garbage time, that's the only time he gets on the court. I just don't get why everyone else is allowed to commit turnovers, play bad defense, not hustle, brick shots, get beaten one on one etc and Mario is not allowed to play through his mistakes.

12 minutes ago, TRU BELIEVER said:

Of course Mario only plays well in garbage time, that's the only time he gets on the court. I just don't get why everyone else is allowed to commit turnovers, play bad defense, not hustle, brick shots, get beaten one on one etc and Mario is not allowed to play through his mistakes.

Is it possible that we're bringing him along the way Stan did with JJ and then sign him for an inexpensive contract as he shows signs throughout the season?

I know rumors were we are shopping him to anyone who's listening so maybe that's not our intention but what happens?