Sign in to follow this  
winplease

Sound effects at Amway

I think the sound effects are just to childlike and annoying. I don't see how the players can concentrate with the ray gun, the one that goes faster and faster as the players run down court. etc. When I watch Cleveland, Golden State, LA, New York, I hear more music not like Amway its like nintentdo, starwars, just constant noise. I think it hurts player performance and is embarrassing to them. 

• Upvote 1

I don't think it affects the game much but it is cheesy as hell.  I'll give you that.  Brooklyn Nets probably have the best arena music taste I've ever seen.  The Magic arena mix feels very childish in comparison.  

1 hour ago, ~O~ said:

I don't think it affects the game much but it is cheesy as hell.  I'll give you that.  Brooklyn Nets probably have the best arena music taste I've ever seen.  The Magic arena mix feels very childish in comparison.  

Understand our market

On 11/23/2017 at 7:16 PM, winplease said:

I think the sound effects are just to childlike and annoying. I don't see how the players can concentrate with the ray gun, the one that goes faster and faster as the players run down court. etc. When I watch Cleveland, Golden State, LA, New York, I hear more music not like Amway its like nintentdo, starwars, just constant noise. I think it hurts player performance and is embarrassing to them. 

Agreed.  It’s actually one of the reasons I go to fewer games.  It seems like the emphasis is more on the “show” than the game, and it detracts from the experience. 

On 11/25/2017 at 9:21 PM, Payton4thewin said:

Understand our market

I know.  That's the bad thing...but also hurts the way the Magic are perceived as a team.  Family market is tough for official adult male basketball team.  This is why I halfway want to see the Magic sold to a new owner sometimes.  The political correctness hits home hard here.