Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Magic @ Wolves

37 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Agree. Question is what kind of package can we offer? Also, does he bring that winning mentality because that's what we're missing.

I just think we need guys who give effort. With constant effort winning will come and along with that a winners mentality. We need guys who play hard and play to their role with no push back. I think DJ would allow for everyone to fit more comfortably. 

3 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

I just think we need guys who give effort. With constant effort winning will come and along with that a winners mentality. We need guys who play hard and play to their role with no push back. I think DJ would allow for everyone to fit more comfortably. 

yeah.  Winning mentality is just a code word for playing hard consistently and having enough experience to make the right plays.  

I don't know if we really need deandre Jordan.  The cost to obtain him/ cost to retain him might be too high.  We might be fine with a platoon of biyombo, speights, and birch.  

3 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

yeah.  Winning mentality is just a code word for playing hard consistently and having enough experience to make the right plays.  

I don't know if we really need deandre Jordan.  The cost to obtain him/ cost to retain him might be too high.  We might be fine with a platoon of biyombo, speights, and birch.  

Yeah it is. A winning mentality is consistent perseverance and not settling for piss poor effort.

DJ's 22 mil per year does make it difficult. Maybe it's best to trade Vuch for a low cost high potential pg like a Rozier? Or Smart? Would love to have that guy here. Don't think Boston would do it though.

I also question EP's "winning" mentality.

6 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Yeah it is. A winning mentality is consistent perseverance and not settling for piss poor effort.

DJ's 22 mil per year does make it difficult. Maybe it's best to trade Vuch for a low cost high potential pg like a Rozier? Or Smart? Would love to have that guy here. Don't think Boston would do it though.

I also question EP's "winning" mentality.

I don't question it at all. I do question the magics teaching. His shooting form is bad and should have been corrected by now. His arm should never go past a 90 degree angle on a ft attempt. He shoots it like a little kid who doesn't have the strength to throw it that far. I can't for the life of me understand why this is not fixed. It is not that hard to see it or fix it. 

7 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

I don't question it at all. I do question the magics teaching. His shooting form is bad and should have been corrected by now. His arm should never go past a 90 degree angle on a ft attempt. He shoots it like a little kid who doesn't have the strength to throw it that far. I can't for the life of me understand why this is not fixed. It is not that hard to see it or fix it. 

DJ makes 22 mil per year??? Really???

16 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I think a trade with Sacramento makes a lot of sense. Give some package of Mario and Vooch for Hill and WCS.

Us declining Mario’s option completely diminished any trade value he may have. I do like the idea of Hill though, really wanted him in FA but we couldn’t afford him

4 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

What makes me question is his inconsistencies on defense. He's a very capable defender and he showed that in his rookie year but he doesn't always show up there. As far as his shooting, he was asked this previous summer if he's been working on it and he was basically nonchalant about it. Saying yeah but it's not my game. I'm working on strength and stuff.

The two areas that we really need him to work on to be more consistent is the less of his worries.

11 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

What makes me question is his inconsistencies on defense. He's a very capable defender and he showed that in his rookie year but he doesn't always show up there. As far as his shooting, he was asked this previous summer if he's been working on it and he was basically nonchalant about it. Saying yeah but it's not my game. I'm working on strength and stuff.

The two areas that we really need him to work on to be more consistent is the less of his worries.

Last night was a great example of this.  Terrible defense the whole game.  Lock down defense from him in the forth

29 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

We also need him to make his damn free throws. 2-7 from the line is inexcusable from your starting point guard. It’s a different ball game down the stretch if he’s 5-7.

17 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Last night was a great example of this.  Terrible defense the whole game.  Lock down defense from him in the forth

Unfortunately he is a follower and not a leader. And I think that comes into play on his d. His effort is on d is a reflection of whole teams effort on d. The whole team came out in the 4 th to put in maximum effort. And he was doing his part. 

58 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

To be honest I'm ok with anything that gets rid of Vuch. I'm not the GM though so I don't have to make smart moves lol. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1