Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Magic @ Wolves

That was an absolute crapfest.  Vogel left the bench in for too long and kept doing what simply wasn't working.  The refs were wildly inconsistent, if you're going to call ticky-tack crap on one end of the court, at least do it at the other end too.  Vuc has always had incredibly bad defense, but was somewhat bailed out by his ability to score...tonight he forgot how to do even that much.  I was yelling at him although I doubt he heard me.  This game was ours for the taking, and we decided to just drop trou and leave a big ol turd instead.

There was simply no heart out there.  How do you fix that??

Evan Fournier: “At some point you just gotta say ***** it, ***** it and let’s just go get this game.. Losing, everything is bad, wake up in the morning you feel ****ty, every time you watch a film session everybody’s down. Just an awful feeling. I can’t wait to get a W, man.”

Aaron Gordon: “Low man help we gotta be tougher.. they’re basically just walking through the lane and laying the ball up at the rim, we gotta hit harder.”

8 hours ago, Payton4thewin said:

At some point vucevic is going to leave this team, settle on someone's bench, be legitimately one of the best bench bigs in the league, and we'll have to deal with a bunch of people saying how stupid we are for letting him go.  

But he can't do that here.  He won't accept that.  

You see how great he is here for stretches but you need someone better to mitigate his bad stretches.  

I was only able to watch the first half, but Vooch should be benched because of his horrendous interior defense. It’s completely unacceptable.

4 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I was only able to watch the first half, but Vooch should be benched because of his horrendous interior defense. It’s completely unacceptable.

He needs to be moved. He's part of that losing culture. I'm not saying he doesn't want to win, I just don't think he knows how.

We need to bring in some winners. Guys who have no tolerance for this.

• Upvote 1

When you step back and look at it, we basically have the same main players from last season. Most teams in the east got better too. So, should it really be surprising that we are continuing to lose?

I never believed J. Simmons plus Isaac was going to somehow push us to be playoff bound. Did any of you?

I say we trade VUC and get Deandre Jordan over here. Deandre can't score as good  as VUC but he's a great rim protector and would fit in great with the running style we want to play

20 minutes ago, TRU BELIEVER said:

I say we trade VUC and get Deandre Jordan over here. Deandre can't score as good  as VUC but he's a great rim protector and would fit in great with the running style we want to play

I think it'd also benefit us to have Fournier and Gordon take more fga. With vuc and Simmons out there a lot you end up in a situation where somebody gets screwed out of buckets. 

It might fix the Gordon - Fournier issue entirely if they're both getting 15 shots per game guaranteed. 

2 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

I think it'd also benefit us to have Fournier and Gordon take more fga. With vuc and Simmons out there a lot you end up in a situation where somebody gets screwed out of buckets. 

It might fix the Gordon - Fournier issue entirely if they're both getting 15 shots per game guaranteed. 

Agreed.

9 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Agree. Question is what kind of package can we offer? Also, does he bring that winning mentality because that's what we're missing.

5 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

Evan Fournier: “At some point you just gotta say ***** it, ***** it and let’s just go get this game.. Losing, everything is bad, wake up in the morning you feel ****ty, every time you watch a film session everybody’s down. Just an awful feeling. I can’t wait to get a W, man.”

I don’t care about swearing at all, but I imagine that our super religious ownership team combined with our Disney sponsorship can’t be thrilled with Evan Fournier’s swear-laced tirades after the past couple games.