Sign in to follow this  
Magicfan1987

Magic Lace Up for the Pacers

18 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Payton is NOT the weakest link on this team nor has he been the reason for this teams recent losing streak. Period exclamation point. 

Find another scapegoat

he sure looked pretty weak last night. Obviously he was out earlier so I'll give you that, but he didn't help himself last night. It's the same consistency problems.

30 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

he sure looked pretty weak last night. Obviously he was out earlier so I'll give you that, but he didn't help himself last night. It's the same consistency problems.

Yes but as in your previous post he needs the ball in his hands. And what is Vogel offense doing?  Pass it to Evan or nik as soon as you get over the half court line. Then go stand in the corner. He is not effective that way and unless your fricking Kyle korver NO ONE IS. 

41 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

He’s super weak and he’s a big reason we’re losing. Piss poor offense and his defense has tons to be desired. Wish we had DSJr

7 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Yes but as in your previous post he needs the ball in his hands. And what is Vogel offense doing?  Pass it to Evan or nik as soon as you get over the half court line. Then go stand in the corner. He is not effective that way and unless your fricking Kyle korver NO ONE IS. 

True.  But that style of offense doesn't fit the other guys on the team.  Why cater specifically to Payton? 

53 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

We’ll see how the front office addresses that. Payton can’t contain his man on D; fight over screens and he can’t shoot; a very bad combination in today’s NBA. We’ll see what the experts think. 

Hopefully we let him go, we need to FINALLY move on 

42 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

And this is the main issue.  When Fournier sucks he still draws defenders.  When Gordon sucks he still rebounds and defends.  When ross was horrible on offense this year he still was a positive impact on the court with defense and playing within his role to minimize his negative impact.  

When Payton is playing poorly he's unplayable. 

Just now, Payton4thewin said:

True.  But that style of offense doesn't fit the other guys on the team.  Why cater specifically to Payton? 

No it is effective for only 2 players e and n. All others sit and watch. You can tell how well that's going. EP has to push the ball but that is only effective when you get stops and defensive rebounds both we are struggling at. 

25 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

what exactly do you mean by "ball in his hands" because Payton can't be relied on to make an outside shot. If he's not being aggressive and attacking defenders, what else can he really do with the ball in his hands? In this case he should hand off to someone else. 

26 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

No it is effective for only 2 players e and n. All others sit and watch. You can tell how well that's going. EP has to push the ball but that is only effective when you get stops and defensive rebounds both we are struggling at. 

Ball movement works.  The ball isn't moving if it's in payton's hands

1 minute ago, Payton4thewin said:

Ball movement works.  The ball isn't moving if it's in payton's hands

What ball movement? Between nik and Evan, that's the only movement I see. Ross rarely even touches the ball. Gordon doesn't get enough shots. Payton is our best distributor but not if he is forced to send it to our black holes. 

8 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

what exactly do you mean by "ball in his hands" because Payton can't be relied on to make an outside shot. If he's not being aggressive and attacking defenders, what else can he really do with the ball in his hands? In this case he should hand off to someone else. 

Drive and kick. Force the d to collapse and hit guys on wing or cutting players. Vuch needs get out of the lane to make this work which he is very reluctant to do even when Simmons is trying to do that vuc seems to get in the way. I believe nik thinks every play is designed for him. Lol

2 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

What ball movement? Between nik and Evan, that's the only movement I see. Ross rarely even touches the ball. Gordon doesn't get enough shots. Payton is our best distributor but not if he is forced to send it to our black holes. 

Yeah but I don't know if him being our best distributor is a sign of how good he is or more of further proof on how bad we need to upgrade our PG spot.

He has moments but so inconsistent even with distribution.

Imo, we are right where we've always been. We need to upgrade PG and C spots.