Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Magic vs Utah

17 hours ago, Payton4thewin said:

The defense has been worse than the bad offense.  We've only been 5 to 6 points off a solid offensive rating.  We're like 12 points off a solid defensive rating.  You can't use the 85 points in 1 game as an indicator when it was mostly garbage time 

You're right.  Sample size but it hasn't been just one game and it's truly our starters struggling.  We can't have both our bench and starters clicking throughout the game.  One, the other, or even both will fail at scoring.  With each game, our scoring is dwindling.  The league has adjusted but do the Magic have an answer. 

I should place  more emphasis on the last two games.  Golden State and Denver were games the Magic were incapable of winning but that's part of the problem.  Coming into the game believing their incapable.  Is this...the approach we want our team to have or was it realistically fair?  

19 hours ago, Magicman28 said:

Ever heard of the saying "Let your defense create your offense"?

Tell that to Houston.  That philosophy isn't always necessary to win if you can overwhelm your opponent on offense which the Rockets do.  However, Houston is a disaster to watch because of Harden's game.  Its ugliest style of individual play style I've ever witnessed. 

19 hours ago, Justin Jaudon said:

just to be clear, though, those two Centers who couldn't hit FTs led us to our only two finals appearances.

They also deserted us sending us to a rebuild that we're currently on.  These type of centers are going extinct with the league adjustments.  They are a handicap in situationals.  

16 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

To be fair, if we outscored opponents it would of been a winning streak.

Yeah, that was pretty harsh of me but I'd rather them overwhelm opponents with offense then defense.  Let me lose my **** for a second.  I'M TIRED OF *****ING SEEING THREE TO FIVE AIRBALLS A GAME.  I'M TIRED OF IT!  I KNOW...for SURE..you all are tired of our quality of offense compared to other teams.   I know you're tired of turnovers and/or failures on fast breaks. 

Most of all, I know you all are tired of the meltdowns which lead to point differential swings in favor of the opponent.  The ones the Magic never come back from or lead us to the now, forum meltdowns. 

--------------

With all that said..we win tonight.  Go Magic.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ~O~ said:

You're right.  Sample size but it hasn't been just one game and it's truly our starters struggling.  We can't have both our bench and starters clicking throughout the game.  One, the other, or even both will fail at scoring.  With each game, our scoring is dwindling.  The league has adjusted but do the Magic have an answer. 

I should place  more emphasis on the last two games.  Golden State and Denver were games the Magic were incapable of winning but that's part of the problem.  Coming into the game believing their incapable.  Is this...the approach we want our team to have or was it realistically fair?  

Tell that to Houston.  That philosophy isn't always necessary to win if you can overwhelm your opponent on offense which the Rockets do.  However, Houston is a disaster to watch because of Harden's game.  Its ugliest style of individual play style I've ever witnessed. 

They also deserted us sending us to a rebuild that we're currently on.  These type of centers are going extinct with the league adjustments.  They are a handicap in situationals.  

Yeah, that was pretty harsh of me but I'd rather them overwhelm opponents with offense then defense.  Let me lose my **** for a second.  I'M TIRED OF *****ING SEEING THREE TO FIVE AIRBALLS A GAME.  I'M TIRED OF IT!  I KNOW...for SURE..you all are tired of our quality of offense compared to other teams.   I know you're tired of turnovers and/or failures on fast breaks. 

Most of all, I know you all are tired of the meltdowns which lead to point differential swings in favor of the opponent.  The ones the Magic never come back from or lead us to the now, forum meltdowns. 

--------------

Right and how many ships does Harden and Houston have so far?

A lot depends on the makeup of the team. With EP as our PG, he needs to be able to push the ball so rebounding and defense is essential.

30 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Right and how many ships does Harden and Houston have so far?

A lot depends on the makeup of the team. With EP as our PG, he needs to be able to push the ball so rebounding and defense is essential.

Like I said..it's ugly as hell to watch.  It's unwatchable..yet they're winning.  I don't believe at all that they'll win it all.  

1 hour ago, ~O~ said:

--------------

What kills me are the hard layups off the backboard. that's as much of a momentum killer as giving up points on the other end.

this team has a lot of 2nd spark guys. we need a primary catalyst to get momentum