Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Magic vs Utah

7 minutes ago, Skip to my Jameer 114 said:

Not really concerned about the old board ahole’s opinion. If Jordan works great, if not we save a ton of money and let him walk and start over. I just know we need a change... Vucevic at this point is the only constant of the past 5 years of ****ty basketball. I’m done banging our heads against the wall

Exactly what I was thinking too.

1 hour ago, Skip to my Jameer 114 said:

Clippers have lost 8 straight. I wonder if they’d listen to a deal centered around Jordan and Vucevic 

I like the idea. I too am tired of Vuc. Unfortunately I think they will fire Doc before making a change like that. 

No one has been moving the ball or committing to running the last few games.  It's like they forget why they were successful in the first couple weeks.  We all knew the shots wouldn't keep falling the way they were, but it is possible to keep generating good looks via a commitment to those things.  That's why we were all so impressed early on -- not due to shots dropping but because of the overhaul of the playstyle that we weren't expecting.

And Vooch was a turnstile last night.  I don't think I'm exaggerating when I wonder if that was his worst defensive effort ever.  He didn't defend any pick and rolls well and he didn't *****ing even attempt to rebound most times.  Favors made him into a joke without really even trying very hard.

• Upvote 1

I just don't know what to do with this. Do we blow it up? Is that pretty much guaranteeing Gordon leaves as soon as he's able? He's already suffered through 3 & a half years of terrible. Starting to really wish we'd blown it up this past off season again, drafted DSJ, and traded Vuc and maybe Fournier for whatever prospects we could get. Let Gordon and DSJ take the wheel for a season and get one of the top guys this draft.

Or am I overreacting? Do we figure it out soon, go on another tear? I see the issue with Fournier and Gordon, but could it be they just both really want to win and need to get on the same page as to how? Is it the spacing problem on top of that, and Elf moving to the bench might help? Is it all about Vuc being a distraction on offense and a liability on defense?

I am just at a loss right now...

4 minutes ago, Justin Jaudon said:

I just don't know what to do with this. Do we blow it up? Is that pretty much guaranteeing Gordon leaves as soon as he's able? He's already suffered through 3 & a half years of terrible. Starting to really wish we'd blown it up this past off season again, drafted DSJ, and traded Vuc and maybe Fournier for whatever prospects we could get. Let Gordon and DSJ take the wheel for a season and get one of the top guys this draft.

Or am I overreacting? Do we figure it out soon, go on another tear? I see the issue with Fournier and Gordon, but could it be they just both really want to win and need to get on the same page as to how? Is it the spacing problem on top of that, and Elf moving to the bench might help? Is it all about Vuc being a distraction on offense and a liability on defense?

That might happen but he could also be happier if we gave him the wheel, getting rid of Vuc and Fournier who stunt his development.

• Upvote 1

I haven't watched the game yet (I plan on hate watching it after I come back from Justice League) but I truly believe this is the worst loss from the post Dwight era.

At home, almost full strength, against an offensively challenged Utah team without its best player and you lose by 40.

Like P4tw said, heads have to roll after this one

19 minutes ago, Justin Jaudon said:

What's our vision? What does staff and management have planned? If they're just winging it, we're in trouble. If players aren't fitting into that plan, changes need to be made.

I don't think it's just about winning. I think all three want to be all stars. Problem is two of them think the only way is by offensive outputs only. It's time to sell high on Fournier and Vuch.

Wish we would've chosen Dipo.

30 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

What's our vision? What does staff and management have planned? If they're just winging it, we're in trouble. If players aren't fitting into that plan, changes need to be made.

I don't think it's just about winning. I think all three want to be all stars. Problem is two of them think the only way is by offensive outputs only. It's time to sell high on Fournier and Vuch.

Wish we would've chosen Dipo.

so agree with you on Dipo. I remember when they traded him being really pissed, and people tried to tell me how it was the right decision, and Oladipo wasn't right for the system we were creating. But imagine now having a core of Dipo and Gordon instead of what we have. Dipo is incredibly unselfish, would have grown the gym rat culture with Gordon, and is a plus defender. It's frustrating to think what could have been if Henny hadn't over thought things.

1 hour ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I haven't watched the game yet (I plan on hate watching it after I come back from Justice League) but I truly believe this is the worst loss from the post Dwight era.

At home, almost full strength, against an offensively challenged Utah team without its best player and you lose by 40.

Like P4tw said, heads have to roll after this one

Last night tied for the worst home loss in team history.

Separating Vuc/Fournier is essential. Heck, I would blow it up. 

Keep AG, Isaac, Simmons and build from those three.

People are also forgetting we are bad because Payton came back into the SL. The team that was winning involved DJ at PG and had JI in the second unit.