Sign in to follow this  
TheNameIsOrlando

Orlando Magic vs Portland Trailblazers

I think the most frustrated player on our team is Gordon.  He has to be frustrated with this annual losing.  I genuinely feel sorry for the guy.  

2 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

We need to run more plays for gordon.  Can't have him consistently taking only 10 shots a game

Thank you ...goodnight!!

@OMagicDaily

Magic have now lost five of their last seven. Still a lot of season left. But how this team responds and rebounds in this stretch to stop the bleeding will make a lot of this season.

I miss Isaac. He brings it on D and is impossible to shoot over. He always recovers a few times when someone messes up. He is smarter than Biz and pushes Vuc for time when Nik is not on the top of his games. He also let's Speights be a spot up shooter because Isaac is enough of 3pt. threat that we get open shots with him being on the perimeter at times and in the paint other times. If the big man steps out, driving lanes open. It's especially true when Speights plays. 

Isaac has almost the same impact as Simmons with fewer points. Simmons cannot runthePG spot and I really hope Simmons at point  is not this years failed Gordon at the 3 failed experiment.

We also need Augustin in a game against guards like these. The way he had been playing, DJ was a decent scoring threat that gave birth the SL and the starters some scoring punch. He is more in tune with our guys and a better shooter than Mack. Mack is good if we're holding a lead that relies on forwards or has a defensive 1 or 2. Our bench slowly gets us back in games and we get DJ back and keep EP healthy, we will add some offense to the bench if DJ continues where he left off. If we keep Simmons with the bench more often than not, we might be able to count on the bench to put the starters in even better position to close. Vogel needs to consider putting the starters back in around the 9 minute mark in the 4th instead of the 7 minute timeout. This allows you to get Simmons in to close around 4.5 minutes to go, or put in Isaac or a well playing bench player for a struggling starter. 

*Napier got his tonight , but I am willing to bet he will fall into a slump and when they come to Orlando he will be in the low 30's in 3pt. percentage.  

6 hours ago, Payton4thewin said:

We need to run more plays for gordon.  Can't have him consistently taking only 10 shots a game

I just don't know about Vogel. Maybe we're seeing what Bird was talking about. Why is AG being used as a role player and not being put into position to be a star? Does Frank not want any stars?

It's really weird.

13 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Isaac needs to bulk up and be our full time starting center

No he shouldn't.

He should build upon his strengths  not change them.

Our bench looked better than our starters last night.  Simmons really needs to be on the floor.  Portland going on that 17-0 run before half really killed this game.  It was just pathetic how many times they turned the ball over during that stretch.