Sign in to follow this  
jec

Orlando Magic @ Denver Nuggets

It’s a sprain, probably will have to sit out a couple of games, but might be good to go really quick too.

57 minutes ago, TRU BELIEVER said:

Really don't get why Vogel doesn't change his defensive philosophy when we're getting beat like this. We keep switching and rotating. Stay tight with Murray and Jocic and rotate on the others if you must. Same thing happened verse Boston 

The only thing Vogel needs to change is his need to keep the same lineups even when the results are clearly not good. It sure looked like Biyombo, and especially Isaac, looked much better against Jokic defensively. We didn't have to make this Jokic vs. Vucevic (a winded and tired Vuc). We didn't have good enough rim protection or rebounding and this is something that tends to happen every other game. We could have pulled Vuc sooner and got him in when Jokic started to tire. 

Against some of these really young teams that are athletic, we have the athleticism to tinker with the PF and C spots to match up better. Teams like this are dangerous with Vuc, unless he comes out hot. We have big men with very different skill-sets which would give us options galore that would give other teams more to scout and prepare for , which means they will not be able to focus on one or two player groupings. Simmons alone changes the dynamics of the guards and Mack does in a different way. It's going to show more when Payton and Augustin are back, but let's be more versatile in the front court. Henny and now Weltman/Hammond have given us a versatile squad and Vogel could use it better on nights we struggle.

I wish we could give Isaac 2-3 plays where he is supposed to shoot and find that  him 2 moves and 2 counters. And you give him the season to get them down . And if he does that, give him more in summer. He is better on offense than we are seeing. I understand that the team is likely giving him the year to focus on defense and learning the NBA, and get bigger &  stronger. But, I am ready to see what we all know is just waiting to be shown!

I bet that this team is wishing they signed Walton Jr., the former Michigan PG from Summer League, to a two-contract. Lucas was never going to make it, but Walton could help us right about now.

This game was the perfect storm for a loss. A back to back, no Payton or Augustin, travel last night to Denver, altitude change, career game for Murray, bad shooting vs amazing shooting by Denver, athletic and young opposition, a better and younger do everything version of Vuc,  and Denver home and rested in a unique atmosphere. We just had a lot to overcome and weren't able.

Get better by Monday Payton and Isaac, we need you back to win this one. Beating Golden State would validate this early season and help solidify the team and build confidence.  

Does anyone know the record that Denver has at home when playing against teams that are on a 2nd night of a back to back?

I just don't understand how the NBA can schedule a team there, especially since they reduced the amount of back to backs teams have. 

7 hours ago, The Boss said:

Does anyone know the record that Denver has at home when playing against teams that are on a 2nd night of a back to back?

I just don't understand how the NBA can schedule a team there, especially since they reduced the amount of back to backs teams have. 

I'll look more but here's a story about 2010 where they were 14-2 and had an average margin of victory of 21.9 points

4 hours ago, Payton4thewin said:

I'll look more but here's a story about 2010 where they were 14-2 and had an average margin of victory of 21.9 points

If I am not mistaken, that may be the Doug Moe coached teams, where the road record was abysmal, but the home record was just the opposite! 

6 hours ago, Payton4thewin said:

Cheers. They surely have too much of an advantage in these situations.

But I guess it wouldn't be fair to give them 0 home games against teams on a back to back, because if every other team in the league has say 4 of them, then it's not fair for them to have 0. All teams have an advantage at home against teams that are on a back to back (unless the home team is also on a back to back), so it's not fair to give some teams these games and others none. I'm sure the NBA geniuses running the schedule could work out something a little more fair though.