Sign in to follow this  
JamminJ21

Official Game Thread: Knicks at Magic

1 minute ago, Payton4thewin said:

We gotta find him some more shots

Agreed, but we have 2 other guys that have to have the ball. Shots are limited for everyone on the starting lineup.

Just now, DirtDan2012 said:

Agreed, but we have 2 other guys that have to have the ball. Shots are limited for everyone on the starting lineup.

This is not a bad problem to have

Just now, DirtDan2012 said:

Oh....... And I believe TRoss should remain in the 1's.... I like JSimmons coming off the bench. I just wish Biz could produce some consistent minutes off the bench.

So excited to see we look good with EP in there. I was hoping we could space the floor out enough for him to be effective, and it worked well tonight. We may not be able to maintain consistency, because our entire style of play depends on us hitting shots; but when we are hitting shots this is going to be a dangerous team.

And if Gordon continues to progress, he really could be a monster in this league. A lot of different ways he can score - from taking guys into the paint, to cuts, to fast breaks, to apparently being one of the league's better 3-point shooters; dude is getting really good.

• Like 1

What a good and efficient game from AG! Would love to see him get more than 11 shots though. I thought having EP would help with the plays at the rim (which it did), but when Evan is still on the ball he just won’t make the pass to Aaron. I think it was the fourth quarter when instead of hitting AG for an open look at the 3, he kicked the ball all the way across the court for a Vuc midrange. He’s got eyes in the back of his head for Vuc but can’t see AG right in front of him. 

Im glad Evan is playing well, but i think he’s stifling some of Gordon’s development, even if his offense does open things up for AG as well. 

12 hours ago, Payton4thewin said:

So i guess the demise of elfrid Payton was greatly exaggerated

Absolutely.  One another board I frequent people were actually suggesting trading him when we were playing so well.....

4 minutes ago, BlueNWhite89 said:

Absolutely.  One another board I frequent people were actually suggesting trading him when we were playing so well.....

National people figured we were playing well because of his absence ignoring the first game and a half where we played great with him in.  

He looked great for what was really only a C+/B- game from him.  There was the option there for him to attack constantly.  

5 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

National people figured we were playing well because of his absence ignoring the first game and a half where we played great with him in.  

He looked great for what was really only a C+/B- game from him.  There was the option there for him to attack constantly.  

That's what I was thinking too. Watching him, he looked a little tentative out there at times (I don't think his hamstring is 100% yet), yet he still had a positive influence on the game. It will be interesting to see what aggressive Payton looks like this year and how often he will lapse into bad Payton.

There appears to be a correlation between Fournier and Vuc getting more shots and our losses.  In our loses, they take a combined 5 more shots than when we win.  Maybe they will continue playing this way, maximize their value and we can move their salary this winter.  I'm starting to buy into the Gordon, Isaac, Payton +1 high end FA future.