Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Magic vs Celtics

30 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

I think it's manifesting itself more without a point guard. Gordon's usage is 18.5 over the past 3 games.  That needs to be higher.  

Yup and I fully expect that to change with EP. 

My concern is the mindset. Continuity is suppose to be an strength this year and this could damper all that.

Case in point AG's 41 was an efficient game and Fournier voices displeasure about the lack of ball movement.

21 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Yup and I fully expect that to change with EP. 

My concern is the mindset. Continuity is suppose to be an strength this year and this could damper all that.

Case in point AG's 41 was an efficient game and Fournier voices displeasure about the lack of ball movement.

Fournier is frustrating to watch play, he’s extremely selfish on offense. I think the perfect role for him is a 3rd scoring option that can move up his usage *if* his shot is falling. Unfortunately, since he’s been here he’s been told to be the guy even though he’s not consistent enough to be the guy. I agree with the previous comments about AG’s usage. He was a completely forgotten man in the first half, got the ball and made some great plays in the 3rd quarter to get us back in the game, and then was quickly forgotten about again. Simmons is also too much of an iso player to start at point guard, I hated that decision by Frank.

32 minutes ago, Miller4Prez66 said:

We were due to come back down to Earth eventually, those shooting numbers weren't sustainable unfortunately.

I think it’s more than that these past 2 games. The shooting percentage has certainly regressed, but the shot selection and ball movement have been significantly worse.

48 minutes ago, Miller4Prez66 said:

We were due to come back down to Earth eventually, those shooting numbers weren't sustainable unfortunately.

It's weird that the regression guys are mostly guys who you'd expect to be consistent shooters.  Fournier, ross, afflalo, speights vs Chicago (combined 3/15) and Fournier, ross vs Boston.  

10 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

It's weird that the regression guys are mostly guys who you'd expect to be consistent shooters.  Fournier, ross, afflalo, speights vs Chicago (combined 3/15) and Fournier, ross vs Boston.  

Ross hasn’t shot well all season either, you’d think he’d be progressing to the mean at some point

1 hour ago, Skip to my Jameer 114 said:

I think it’s more than that these past 2 games. The shooting percentage has certainly regressed, but the shot selection and ball movement have been significantly worse.

We are dying out there without a guy who can make sure the ball keeps moving and doesn't get stuck in any one person's hands. Fournier has been trying to go one on one or play a two man game with Vuch which is predictable and Fournier does not have the dribbling skills or athleticism to take defenders off the bounce and create offense in that way.

We were moving the ball much better with Augustin running the point, and would pass the ball much better with Payton as well, some of which would be improved just by taking the ball out of other players' hands. This game, we would go on some good early runs where the ball moved well, and then once Boston started to score, all of the ball movement would evaporate- that can't happen.