Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Magic vs Celtics

Realization that these few weeks has confirmed for me: I don't trust Vogel. Amazes me how Speights gets no love, although more efficient than the alternative, too few plays for AG, and Ross not coming in with the second unit. When our PGs come back, move Evan to the 2 and Simmons to the 3 as a starter. Make Speights the primary 5 off the bench and give Mario's minutes to AA.

4 minutes ago, MaestroPenny said:

Realization that these few weeks has confirmed for me: I don't trust Vogel. Amazes me how Speights gets no love, although more efficient than the alternative, too few plays for AG, and Ross not coming in with the second unit. When our PGs come back, move Evan to the 2 and Simmons to the 3 as a starter. Make Speights the primary 5 off the bench and give Mario's minutes to AA.

Simmons isn't a starter.  He functions best as a high usage guy who goes after the opponents bench units

12 minutes ago, MaestroPenny said:

Evan is better at the 3.

10 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Simmons isn't a starter.  He functions best as a high usage guy who goes after the opponents bench units

Simmons can't be no worse than Ross has been starting, can he? Could just try it out early in the season for a game or two

15 minutes ago, MaestroPenny said:

Think he can work offensively at 2. Just use him how DET used Rip

We tried it. 

Rip was quick and agile and used those attributes plus his basketball  IQ to run off screens and move without the ball. 

Evan doesn't have the same quickness to be a 2.

At the 3 however, he should definitely play the Rip role.

18 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

This so much. 

41 minutes ago, MaestroPenny said:

Simmons can't be no worse than Ross has been starting, can he? Could just try it out early in the season for a game or two

He absolutely can be worse than ross. 

The starting line-up works because you have 3 guys who should be getting the significant volume of shots.  You want that supplemented by a floor spacer who doesn't touch the ball that long.  Not a guy who dribbles more than any non point guard and holds the ball, on average, almost double the amount of time as Fournier.  

Simmons has been great as a creator in the second unit.  You don't need a creator in the starting lineup.  You just need a point guard who can pass guys open and a two way guy.  

Ross will hit shots eventually

1 minute ago, Payton4thewin said:

He absolutely can be worse than ross. 

The starting line-up works because you have 3 guys who should be getting the significant volume of shots.  You want that supplemented by a floor spacer who doesn't touch the ball that long.  Not a guy who dribbles more than any non point guard and holds the ball, on average, almost double the amount of time as Fournier.  

Simmons has been great as a creator in the second unit.  You don't need a creator in the starting lineup.  You just need a point guard who can pass guys open and a two way guy.  

Ross will hit shots eventually

U promise?  I think Ross should sit a couple games with biz. Biz maybe forever. Haha. Ross is in a seriou funk and needs to clear his mind. We need ep and Mauro he IS a top 20 pg!

Was there tonight. Tough game for Fournier, looked selfish and when his shot isn’t falling he falls apart. Worst part of the game for us was Biyombo. It’s like he gets worse every game. I’m withholding harsh judgement until we get healthy, but tough couple of home losses for sure. Please, protect home court against the Knicks!!