Sign in to follow this  
HardCutting Franz

Official Game Thread : Magic vs Spurs

7 minutes ago, Bauncey Chillups said:

5 games in and Isaac already does so many tough things well on defense. Footwork, utilizing his reach, making good reads, active hands. That charge he pulled on Rudy Gay was masterful positioning.

I kinda wanted us to draft DSJ over him,  but now I don't know.

I wonder what the team will look like when Payton gets back. The way we're spreading the floor should be beneficial to him for driving lanes and whatnot. 

21 minutes ago, jjgator said:

I kinda wanted us to draft DSJ over him,  but now I don't know.

I wonder what the team will look like when Payton gets back. The way we're spreading the floor should be beneficial to him for driving lanes and whatnot. 

I think the DSJ over Isaac, at least for me, was assuming we were rebuilding. As is, DSJ wouldn't fit here because rookie PGs are too raw. I still think he's going to be a beast, but Isaac fits better than DSJ on this team.

Loving this start, just win baby! I wanted to get that out of the way, i just really want to see good basketball again. 

Seeing this team achieve a little is great, and much needed in this city. Still i wonder what could have been. Hiring Skiles and the disagreement with Henny led us to dysfunction.

It seems the coach and front office are finally on the same page as the players.  Its amazing, and wonderful.  The two cornerstones Henny traded are now the best players on their teams. Tobias and Oladipo are still flawed players, but they have come out of the gate flying, just like the Magic.  What would we have looked like if we kept them?

Right now we fit the blueprint of the new NBA, doubt that would have happened if we kept those two players. 

2 hours ago, Justin Jaudon said:

I think the DSJ over Isaac, at least for me, was assuming we were rebuilding. As is, DSJ wouldn't fit here because rookie PGs are too raw. I still think he's going to be a beast, but Isaac fits better than DSJ on this team.

As of how the team is playing, you're absolutely right 

23 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

Oi listen we need to do a tune for Bizz...every time he rejects somebody!!

Kendrick Lamer - Be humble ...instead of sit down be humble...

Sit down....Biii...Yombo... 

For the longest time I always though it was "sit down, biyombo". 

5 hours ago, Gordon MVP said:

As of how the team is playing, you're absolutely right 

Yeah.  DSJ is the bpa pick to rebuild around Gordon and max free agent found in 2019. 

Who would have thought we'd have 5 players exceed the expectations of even the most extremely optimistic projections.

This season defies logic.  It's like the basketball version of accidentally discovering penicillin

2 hours ago, Payton4thewin said:

Yeah.  DSJ is the bpa pick to rebuild around Gordon and max free agent found in 2019. 

Who would have thought we'd have 5 players exceed the expectations of even the most extremely optimistic projections.

This season defies logic.  It's like the basketball version of accidentally discovering penicillin

About time we had the luck on our side again. We hsve been screwed by chance since Dwight left.

We haven't accidentally discovered penicillin yet. There's still plenty of time for us to screw this season up. I'm hyped that maybe we won't and we've turned a corner but the Hornets started last season like 6-1 before finishing with 36 wins. Admittedly they didn't blow out the Spurs and Cavs... 

10 hours ago, Payton4thewin said:

Player growth internally, continuity and a front office that added the right free agents, The perfect storm???

21 minutes ago, Spaceman said:

Player growth internally, continuity and a front office that added the right free agents, The perfect storm???

Gordon, vucevic, and Fournier hit a home run with their development.  We'd be lucky to have 1 of those things happen.  All three never happens.  

We had the perfect role player missing piece fall into our laps after his previous team decided to relinquish his rights two weeks into free agency.  If he was unrestricted on July first he'd be in Memphis or the clippers.  

The perfect (eventually) forward fit next to Gordon was sitting there in the draft.  

Augustin after being arguably the worst rotation player in the league last year looks great this year.  

Its not supposed to happen like this

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

We haven't accidentally discovered penicillin yet. There's still plenty of time for us to screw this season up. I'm hyped that maybe we won't and we've turned a corner but the Hornets started last season like 6-1 before finishing with 36 wins. Admittedly they didn't blow out the Spurs and Cavs... 

I mean, yeah, it's not mission accomplished.  But we're playing a version of basketball that's very difficult for teams to adjust to during the season.  If the wheels fall off we're a good eastern conference team that had something unfortunate happen.  But we're a good team.  

6 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

We haven't accidentally discovered penicillin yet.

Nobody is suggesting that. We're only thinking things have finally clicked and that we are finally a playoff team. Don't think that's too farfetched.