Sign in to follow this  
HardCutting Franz

Official Game Thread : Magic vs Spurs

I feel the same way. I'm excited about the start, but waiting on something bad to happen. Did not see this coming. Felt that we would be improved, but the improvements made by our individual returning team members is astounding. The acquisitions have been solid and the team appears to have turned a corner. This has been fun to watch. Interested to see if this play continues, what the national media will think. Go Magic! 

49 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Well we started 1-4 skiles first year so...

Yeah it's definitely exciting -- I'm just having skiles ptsd but we're a lot more encouraging than that year 

plus we don't have a coach that's gonna quit on us 

Jonathon Simmons after 27-point win over Spurs: “We taking every game personal, because we want to be seen as an elite team in the NBA.”

Jonathan Isaac: “J Simms gets to the basket whenever he wants, Vuc steps out and makes threes. It’s going to be tough to beat us.”

Jonathan Isaac: “I think as I get more and more comfortable, and more and more confident, you guys are gonna see a lot of things.”

Jonathan Isaac: “All these guys are great guys, we care about each other and it’s already starting to feel like a brotherhood. I love it”

Postgame question to Aaron Gordon: "What does this 4-1 start mean?"

Aaron Gordon: "Um, it means we're first in the East, right?"

"If they take us lightly, we're going to blow them out." -Aaron Gordon #Magic #Warlando

I said to myself two days ago:

Oh we play the spurs.  Here it comes our losing streak and fall to number 11 to 13 in the east. That's the level of trauma we are use to here. Conditioned to lose or think the magic will streak in loses. 

For us to come out blowout the spurs has me convinced there's something different on the approach.  The root has to be Jonathan Simmons and possibly Tmac being around. 

8 minutes ago, ~O~ said:

I said to myself two days ago:

Oh we play the spurs.  Here it comes our losing streak and fall to number 11 to 13 in the east. That's the level of trauma we are use to here. Conditioned to lose or think the magic will streak in loses. 

For us to come out blowout the spurs has me convinced there's something different on the approach.  The root has to be Jonathan Simmons and possibly Tmac being around. 

It's continuity.. Better players and improvements from within. About bloody time. We been through a lot as fans these last 5 years or so. Minor set back for major comeback!! 

Aaron Gordon said after the game that this he likes being at the 4 because bigs don't want to come out and guard him and he can attack.

Gordon also said he's very comfortable with his jumper, on spot ups, pulls ups or step backs. He certainly has it all working right now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Payton4thewin said:

Ok Mario is back. Best he's looked in 18 months

Yes, having confident teammates around him is starting to rub off on him.  He didnt make many big mistakes, it was great to watch him play.  Hes not ready for regular rotation yet, but he showed some progress. I expect Mario to get better if we have a good year, good environment is helping him it seems.

Do you think we should Move T Ross, to the 2nd unit? I dont want to move Simmons to the 1st squad either. 

What about hezonja moving to starter and we have Simmons and Ross coming off the bench?